- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Coronary angiography
- Devices: dual chamber pacemaker insertion
- Devices: single chamber pacemaker insertion
- Interventional cardiology
- Percutaneous coronary intervention with/without stenting
- Reporting of echocardiography
- Trans-oesophageal echocardiography
Medical Qualification: MB BS, DMRD, MRCP
Year of Registration: 1998 ( GMC ) 1992 (MB BS) 1998 ( MRCP )
GMC Number: 4662006
Trained as a specialist in Cardiology in the North-West, Midlands and London Rotation for over seven years. Undertook two years of active clinical research in the Lancashire Cardiac Centre and University of Liverpool.
Formerly clinical lead for the Cardiac Network of Lancashire and Cumbria
Currently work across both hospitals at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and the Lancashire Cardiac Centre in Blackpool, undertaking angioplasty and stent insertion.
• Chest pain/coronary artery disease
• Coronary angioplasty/stent (PCI)
• Pacemaker insertion.
• Breathlessness/heart failure
• Valvular heart disease
• Pericardial disease
Areas of interest
Assessment of chest pain; Breathlessness; Palpitations; Dizzy spells; High blood pressure; Heart failure; Angiography; Angina; Valvular heart disease; Coronary stenting; Echocardiography; Arrhythmias; Angioplasty; Pacemaker insertion
Current NHS consultant posts held
Head of Department, Cardiology Department
Consultant Cardiologist - Lancashire Teaching Hospitals,
Visiting Interventional Cardiologist - Lancashire Cardiac Centre
Senior Lecturer (Honorary) - Manchester University
Research Interests: Lead research on various themes as a part of Cumbria and Lancashire Research Network, including pharmacogenetics of acute coronary syndrome, heart failure and atrial fibrillation.
Education : lead for cardiology training in Lancashire Teaching Hospitals. Takes an active role in training and edcuation of local GPs.
Clinical Excellence Awards for Exemplary Services.
Quality Awards for Development of Clinical Services.
Award for Treat and Return service.
Award for Pacing Clinic.
Award for Cardiology Prehab.
Award for One Stop Cardiology Clinic.
Courses offered to GPs
Gives Lectures locally, Nationally and Internationally. As an invited speaker he talks on Atrial Fibrillation,
Talks on Diabetes, Hypertension, High Cholesterol,
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.bcis.org.uk
Check the individual operator section in the BCIS website
- M R C P ROYAL COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS 1998
- CERTIFICATE OF SPECIALIST TRAINING IN CARDIOLOGY G M C 1996
Reference number 4662006
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- GMc forum Member GMC 2017
- Clinical Director Cardiology Lancashire Teaching Hospital, NHS Trust 2017
- Senior Lecture,r Manchester University Manchester University 2017
- Honorary Divisional Secretary, BMA BMA 2017
- Deputy Chairman, Medical Staff and Consultant's committee Lancashire Teaching Hospital, NHS Trust 2017
- Chairman, Blackpool, Preston and Chorley Division British International Doctor's Association 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- SPECIALIST CARDIOVASCULAR, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Royal Collage of Physicians
British Cardiovascular intervention Society
British Cardiovascular Society
- Blackpool Victoria Hospital, FY3 8NR
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 07877 104073
- Euxton Hall Hospital, PR7 6DY
- 17:30 - 08:30
- 07877 104073
- Fulwood Hospital, PR2 9SZ
- 17:30 - 19:30
- 07877 104073
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Lancashire Cardiac Centre