- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Upper GI surgery
- Vascular surgery
Consultant General, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgeon
Areas of interest
Pancreatobiliary diseases; Hepatobiliary(surgery); laparoscopic cholecystectomy; hernia repair; endoscopy; liver, gallbladder and pancreatic cancer, minor surgery.
- Alan Gibson
- Belfast Health and Social Care Trust 47-51 Crumlin Road BELFAST BT14 6AB
- 028 9504 7324
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General and Hepatobiliary Surgeon
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
Clinical studies relating to HPB surgery
Laboratory Research into Pancreatic Cancer
- Mb BCh BAO The Queen's University of Belfast 1994
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland RCSI 1998
- FRCS (Eng) Royal College of Surgeons of England 1998
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) The Queens University of Belfast 2006
Reference number 4101084
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Secretary GBIHPBA 2015
- Research, education and training Lead AUGIS 2016
- Independent Panel for Health Reconfiguration NI Department of Health 2016
- Medical Advisory Board Member Bowel Cancer UK 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Surgery (HPB), 2006
- Kingsbridge Private Hospital811-815 Lisburn...
- 18:30 - 20:00
- 0845 600 6352
- The Ulster Independent Clinic 245 Stranmillis...
- 13:30 - 18:00
- 028 9066 1212
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
The relevant private hospital that treatment was carried out in.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy - (5-50)
Diagnostic oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD) includes forceps biopsy, biopsy urease test and dye spray - (5-50)
Primary repair of inguinal hernia - (5-50)
Repair of umbilical hernia (irrespective of age) - (1-5)
Injection into subcutaneous tissue/painful trigger point under local anaesthetic - (1-5)
- Show All (14)...