- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Lower GI surgery
A caring and competent Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon. I have been in practice as a Consultant since 2005 with high level of patients' satisfaction and good outcome as well as being highly regarded by my peers and colleagues. I am have a special interest in managing malignant conditions especially join operating with other specialties (gynaecologists/urologists) within the pelvis.
Areas of interest
Colorectal disease (Lower GI); Endoscopy - upper GI endoscopy OGD); Colonoscopy; Colorectal surgery (lower GI); Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery.
- Dr Kit Chung (Private Secretary)
- 5 Baronscourt Avenue Carryduff BELFAST BT8 8BG
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Jonathan Adams Not Fee Assured
- Dr James Conn Russell Not Fee Assured
- Dr Gavin Harper Not Fee Assured
- Dr Bronagh E McElhenny Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust: Belfast City Hospital, Royal Victoria Hospital, Mater Hospital.
Colorectal (bowel) Cancer, Family cancer syndrome, Tumour invasion/ cancer genetic and gene therapy. Underwent a 2-year gene therapy research programme at the internationally acclaimed Colorectal Unit at St Mark's Hospital and was awarded Doctor of Medicine 2003 by Imperial College London. The funding was provided by Imperial Cancer Research Fund (now Cancer Research UK).
World Economy and Reading.
Scholastic Award given during 2nd professional Examination. Awarded the ENT undergraduate prize and McQuitty Scholarship. Best Houseman of the year in Royal Victoria Hospital and awarded the Allison post-graduate Clinical Prize. Award 5 distinctions in undergraduate subjects (Physiololgy, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Medicine and Surgery). Awarded Honours for both BSc and MBBCh BAO. First European Board certified Colorectal Surgeon in Northern Ireland (2009).
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Chinese - Fluent
Colonoscopy in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (95% completion rate) with no complications.
- BSc (Hons) Queen's University of Belfast 1989
- MBBCh BAO (Hons) Queen's University of Belfast 1991
- FRCS (Ed) Royal College of Surgeons 1995
- MD Imperial College London 2003
- FRCSEd (Gen Surg) Royal College of Surgeons 2004
- European Board of Surgery Qualification in Coloproctology European Board of Coloproctology 2009
Reference number 3488391
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 2004
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Coloproctology GB & I
- Ulster Independent Clinic 245 Stranmillis Road...
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 028 9066 1212
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details