- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
Ranjit Mann CPsychol. AFBPsS
Psychologist, advocate of all things promoting challenge, creativity and empowerment.
I use a warm, empathic approach to my work with patients while providing movement and encouragement for emotional healing and growth. I strongly believe that therapeutic model comes second to process, and that the therapeutic relationship is the most important factor in fostering change. I combine sound psychological techniques with creativity, humour, and a direct approach to help inspire my clients to wellness. I consider it both a pleasure and an honour to have been invited into the lives of so many different people from many cultures and backgrounds. In reflection of the diversity required to be effective in this work, I adopt a flexible and integrative approach that incorporates cognitive behavioural (CBT), EMDR, Dialectical Based Skills (DBT), Mindfulness and system/family therapies to work towards the goals and health of each individual. All of my approaches are consistent with the best practice evidence as indicated by The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
I offer appointments on Monday - Thursday evenings and Friday mornings.
Areas of interest
• Treatment of eating disorders • Stress management • Trauma • Mood disorders • Anxiety • Depression • Generalised anxiety • Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) • Panic disorder • Phobias • Work related issues • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) • Pain management • Weight management • Relationship issues • Self esteem • Body image issues. Unexplained medical issues. Psychosomatic presentations.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Details of entry to specialist register
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society
HCPC (Health Care Professional Council)
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing)