- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I was appointed consultant haematologist at The Christie in 2004 and am the clinical lead for all myeloid disorders (AML, MDS and CML).
My clinical and research practice is focused on improved outcomes for patients with myeloid blood diseases- through optimal standard therapy and innovation with emerging new treatments.
I am responsible for the development of some of the worlds leading clinical trials in AML and their associated international trial governance.
Areas of interest
• Leukaemias (AML and CML)
• Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
• Myeloproliferative disorders (Myelofibrosis, ET...)
• Aplastic aneamia
• Bone marrow transplantation
- MB ChB University of Dundee 1991
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh 1996
- FRCPath Royal College of Pathologists, London 2003
- MD University of Liverpool 2003
Reference number 3542754
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Pathway Clinical Director Manchester Cancer 2015
Affiliations / memberships
American Society of Hematology, British Society for Haematology, the Royal College of Physicians, the Royal College of Pathologists and the European group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT). A national committee member of both the AML and myelodysplasia (MDS) working groups of the National Cancer Research Network (NCRN)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.