- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Stroke medicine
Dr. John Thomas
Underwent basic medical training in Kerala, South India from 1984-1990 and did his post-graduate training in Medicine from Stanley Medical College, Madras. Having attained his UK qualifications and further medical experience, he underwent consultant training at Oxford. He is accredited to look after general medical problems in adults. His main interests are Stroke, Parkinson's disease and related disorders. He is currently the Consultant Geriatrician at Nobles Hospital and is the lead for Stroke disorders at the hospital.
Areas of interest
Stroke medicine; Parkinsons disease and General Medical problems affecting adults.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Physician at Nobles Hospital (Since 2006).
Previously Consultant Physician at Oxford Radcliffe NHS Hospitals.
His research interest has been Hypertension and related disorders. His dissertation for post-graduate studies was conducted in "Left Ventricular Hypertrophy in Adults- Electrocardiograph and ECHO correlation."
Interested in history of British India- Collector of coins from the era.
Plays Badminton in free time.
Enjoys travelling and meeting people with other interests.
English, Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi.
- MBBS University of Calicut, Kerala, South India. 1990
- MD Stanley Medical College, Madras 1996
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians, London 1999
- Diploma in Geriatric Medicine Royal College of Physician of London 1999
- Diploma in Management and Leadership Birkbeck College, London 2013
- Completion of Certificate of Specialist Training, Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine Oxford. 2005
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- FRCP Royal College of Physician of London 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- GIM and Geritatric Medicine, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
Member of British Medical Association.
Member of British Association of Stroke Physicians.
Full Registration with General Medical Council.