- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cardiac devices
- Devices: cardiac resynchronisation therapy device (CRT)
- Devices: dual chamber pacemaker insertion
- Devices: implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Devices: single chamber pacemaker insertion
- Electrophysiology complex cardiac ablation
- Electrophysiology intervention
- Electrophysiology simple cardiac ablation
Interested in all aspects of cardiac electrophysiology, he performs catheter ablations for all cardiac arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation (AF), and device related procedures. He has a particular expertise in implanting biventricular devices that deliver cardiac resynchronisation therapy, and device extraction.
Areas of interest
Atrial fibrillation; AF Ablation; Cardiac electrophysiology; Ablation; Catheter ablation; Pacemakers; Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy
- Christine Suggars
- Cardiac Unit Papworth Hospital Papworth Everard Cambridge CB23 3RE
- 07868 287366
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Shane George Not Fee Assured
- Dr Kamen Valchanov Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist at Papworth Hospital
Honorary Consultant at Addenbrookes and Peterborough Hospitals
He has developed research links with the University of Cambridge in this field, and this work has been presented at many international conferences. He has a personal interest in clinical audit, and is the clinical lead for audit for the cardiac directorate.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Fluent
Khan FZ, Virdee MS, Palmer CR, Pugh PJ, O'Halloran D, Elsik M, Read PA, Begley D, Fynn SP, Dutka DP. Targeted left ventricular lead placement to guide cardiac resynchronization therapy: the TARGET study: a randomized, controlled trial. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012 Apr 24;59(17):1509-18.
Courses offered to GPs
Dr Virdee would be happy to attend GP surgeries to give update talks, Q&A sessions, informal teaching
For CRT, the highest implant success rate in the East of England, in excess of 99%.
For simple cardiac ablations, 100% success rate without complication.
For AF ablation, as accepted success rates with a repeat procedure rate of <20%.
Reference number 4112910
- Papworth Clinic, Papworth Hospital.
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 07868 287366
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.