- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Interventional cardiology
I am a fully trained adult cardiologist with a specialist interest in the prevention and management of coronary artery disease. I qualified at St George's Medical School in 1993 and won the James Hope gold medal prize for cardiology. My Specialist training was at Barts and the London Chest Hospitals in East London, at the time it was the highest volume cardiac centre in the UK. I was also lucky enough to spend time in the lipid clinic at the Royal London Hospital.
My research was undertaken at the world famous Green Lane Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand and was clinically based studying the outcomes of patients with acute coronary conditions, this led to my MD. I have a busy NHS practice at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon.
I have trained in Cardiac CT at Harefield hospital and on an ACC/BCS preceptorship exchange in Beverley Hills Los Angeles. I have an interest in using CT to help diagnose coronary artery disease and enjoy explaining the results by going through the images with patients.
I now have experience with CT FFR (HeartFlow) a non-invasive technique to measure coronary blood flow from cardiac CT. This is available at the Great Western Hospital
Areas of interest
Angina; Atrial fibrillation; Acute coronary syndrome (ACS); Coronary and ischaemic heart disease; Interventional cardiology; Hypertension; Angiography; Hyperlipidaemia; Arrhythmias;Cardiology; Syncope; Computed tomography (CT); Coronary stenting;Cholesterol;CT FFR (HeartFlow)
- Kimberley Lach
- Great Western Hospital Department of Cardiology Marlborough Road SWINDON SN3 6BB
- 01793 646215
- 01793 646282
- doctoralia: http://www.doctoralia.co.uk/consultant/tom+hyde-12190557
Current NHS consultant posts held
Great Western Hospital
Acute Coronary Syndromes
James Hope Gold Medal prize in cardiology - St Georges Hospital medical School 1992
BSc (Imperial College) 1992
MD - University of London 2006
FRCP - 2010
Courses offered to GPs
- MBBS St Georges Hospital Medical School London 1993
- BSc Clinical Scineces Imperial College London 1992
- MD The role of the ECG in predicting long term outcome after acute coronary syndomes University of London 2006
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians London 2010
- Cardiac CT Level 2 Harefield Hospital/CVMG Los Angeles 2012
Reference number 4042451
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT Cardiology, 2006
- CCT General Internal medicine, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
- BMI The Ridgeway Hospital, SN4 9DD
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 01793 816062
- Great Western Hospital Marlborough Road...
- 17:30 - 19:00
- 01793 816062
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details