- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Areas of interest
• Arthroplasty : Knee and hip joint replacement surgery (navigated knee joint replacement) • Unicompartment knee replacement •
Knee soft Tissue:
Knee arthroscopy, Meniscus repair ,knee ligament reconstruction and Anterior Cruciate ligament repair • Anterior knee pain, patellofemoral disorder • High tibial osteotomy.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Hairmyres Hospital NHS Lanarkshire
Navigated knee joint replacement
Navigated unicompartment replacement
Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
Meniscal repair and synthetic cartilage transplantation-patellofemoral disorder: MPFL ligament reconstruction and tibial tuberostity osteotomy
High tibial osteotomy.
Reading , politics, sport, travelling
(Additional) Languages spoken
-15 years follow up for cemented total hip replacement.
Courses offered to GPs
Navigated total knee replacement.
Anterior knee pain.
Joint line in total knee repalcement.
- Medical school Antwerpen university Belgium 1996
- Orthopaedic & trauma surgery training Katholic university Leuven, (Orthopaedic centre ,Pellenburgh). Belgium 2002
- Knee fellowship London bridge hospital, Mr Strover 2003
- FRCS, Glasgow Royal college of surgery, Glasgow 2012
Reference number 6034887
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- NHS lanarkshire Hairmyres Hospital Lanarkshire 2005
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 2003
Affiliations / memberships
-Royal college of surgery
- BMI Ross Hall Hospital
- 19:00 - 21:00
- 0141 810 3151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
phone: 07951 281386