- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
Consultant in EMDR and Supervisor in CBT, complex trauma specialist. Psychosexual specialist.
Dr Clair Clifford C.Psychol.; C.Sci.; AFBPsS
B.Sc.(Hons.); M.Sc.; Clin.Psy.D.; P.G.Dip.(Psychosexual Therapy); IPMA Level D
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
EMDR Europe Accredited EMDR Clinical Supervisor/Consultant
BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist & Supervisor
HCPC Registered Clinical Psychologist
Areas of interest
Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Sexual dysfunction; Adult mental health
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
I work for the Ministry of Defence
Complex Trauma and EMDR
Military Mental Health
I enjoy baking, reading and spending time in the garden.
I published a regular column in Birmingham Life magazine 2006-7.
I am published in academic journals:
Clifford, C. & Macauley, M. (2019) Male psychosexual therapy in the military. Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps. doi 10.1136/jramc-2018-001046.
Pan Birmingham Oncology - Risk Reducing Mastectomy Guideline March 2009 http://www.birminghamcancer.nhs.uk/uploads/document_file/document/4d2db099358e981ad800184e/10__risk_reducing_mastectomy_guidelines_-_version_2.pdf
Clifford, C. & Orford, J. (2007) The experience of social power in the lives of people who define as trans. Chapter 10; In ‘Out in Psychology: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Perspectives'. Peel, E. & Clarke, V. (Eds.) Wiley: Chichester. (Also presented as a paper at British Psychological Society's Psychology of Women Conference, 7-9 July 2004).
Clifford, C. (2004) Conference Presentation: The experience of social power in the lives of people who define as transgendered. Psychology of Women Section Annual Conference, July 2004. University of Brighton.
Clifford, C. (2003) A critical review of the psychological literature relating to transsexualism. Lesbian & Gay Psychology Review, 4. (This paper won the British Psychological Society's Lesbian & Gay Psychology Section Postgraduate Prize for 2002).
Stenfert Kroese, B.; Hussein, H.; Clifford, C. & Ahmed, N. (2002) Social support networks and psychological wellbeing of mothers with intellectual disabilities. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 15 (4), 324.
Courses offered to GPs
Happy to present to GP practices, by arrangement - please get in touch to discuss your needs.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology University of Birmingham 2002
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy University of Hull 2014
- Masters in Health Psychology University of Surrey 1998
- EMDR Practitioner & Consultant EMDR UK & Ireland (Europe) accredited 2012
- Cognitive Processing Therapy US Dept of Veterans Affairs 2019
- Cognitive Therapy Practitioner & Supervisor British Association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies 2012
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Treasurer - West Midlands Division of Clinical Psychology British Psychological Society 2007
- Honorary Treasurer - Lesbian & Gay Psychology Section British Psychological Society 2002
- Committee Member West Midlands EMDR Support Group 2020
Affiliations / memberships
Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
EMDR UK & Ireland/Europe Accredited Consultant
CBT Practitioner & Supervisor (British Association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies)
- Broad Oaks Health Clinic
- 13:30 - 17:30
- 07445 851306
- Broad Oaks Health Clinic394 Warwick...
- 09:00 - 17:30
- 07445 851306
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: doctor.clair