- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Lower GI surgery
Appointed Consultant Colorectal & General Surgeon at the James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in January 2006.
Qualified from Indira Gandhi Medical College Shimla, India (http://www.igmcshimla.org) in 1985 and then underwent higher surgical training from 1987 to 1993 at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh, India (http://pgimer.nic.in) In 1994 completed FRCS in General Surgery. Over 25 years of extensive surgical experience.
Examiner for Intercollegiate Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons, E-Tutor for Colorectal Mastership programme from UEA. Involved in teaching medical students and is an Honorary Lecturer at University of East Anglia, Norwich.
Areas of interest
Laparoscopic (key hole) and open surgery for all types of common Hernias, including incisional hernias, surgery for small bowel disease, colorectal disease; bowel cancer, diverticular disease, Crohns, Ulcerative colitis, haemorrhoids, fissure etc. Gall bladder removal (Cholecystectomy), removal of lumps and bumps. Upper Gastro Intestinal Endoscopy (OGD), Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and removal of polyps (Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, polypectomy).
- Kim Hartwell
- Dept. Of Surgery James Paget University Hospital Lowestoft Road Gorleston GREAT YARMOUTH NR31 6LA
- 01493 452155
- 01493 452666
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Daniel Broad Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Colorectal, General, Laparoscopic and Paediatric General Surgeon
Main place of work; James Paget University Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust, Gorleston, Great Yarmouth
Private work; at JPUH as above and Spire Hospital Norwich, Old Watton Rd, Norwich, Norfolk NR4 7TD. 01603 456181
Bowel cancer and benign bowel disorders
Awarded Clinical Individual of the year October 2012 at the James Paget Hospital Annual Trust Awards.
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Effects of Blockade of Transdiaphragmatic Absorption of Bacteria and Parenteral Cefotaxime on Survival in Peritonitis: An Experimental Study in Rats.
Lal Roshan, Bose SM, Ganguly NK, Panigrahi D.
Indian J Gastroenterol, 1992; 4: 168-9
2. Traumatic Haemobilia
Lal Roshan, Singh G, Bose SM.
Bulletin of the postgraduate Institute, 1991; 26:149-51.
3. Expectant Management of Haemoperitoneum
Bose S M, Mazumdar A, Gupta R, Giridhar M, Lal Roshan, Praveen B V.
Injury, Int. J. Care Injured 30 (1999) 269-273
4. Gastric Outlet Obstruction due to Gall Stone – Bouverets Syndrome
Lal Roshan, Lawrence D.
West Suffolk Hospital E-Journal, Issue 5, July 2002
5. An unusual case of scalp abscess. Br Jl of Hosp Med. 2009; 70 (5); 297. Turnbull H, Duckworth A, Velchuru V, Lal R
6. Diaphragm disease and small bowel enteropathy due to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; a surgical perspective. Pilgrim S, Velchuru V, Waters G†, Tsiamis A, Lal R
Dept. of General Surgery, James Paget University Hospital, Great Yarmouth, UK.
Original Article in Colorectal Disease; “Accepted Article”; doi: 10.1111/j.1463-
My 90 day bowel cancer resection mortality rate and results of patient satisfaction survey 2014 are all within national acceptable / normal range.
- MBBS Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimal, India 1985
- Master of surgery (MS)- 6 years training programme Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh India 1993
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 1994
- FRCS (ad eundem) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2010
Reference number 4353018
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Surgery, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Sugeons of England.
British Medical Association.
- East Point Consulting Rooms, James Paget...
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01493 601770
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Charnwood ward at James Paget Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. 01493 453900, 452338.
At Spire Hospital Noriwch; main switchboard;
01603 255 614