- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
Dr Ian Newey, Consultant Clinical Psychologist.
I have chosen to work primarily with children and young people since completing my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology I have, however, also accrued over fifteen year experience of working privately with adults.
I have expertise in working with adults and young people who have experienced trauma and am trained in the NICE guideline approved therapies for post trauma presentations, i.e. Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or TF-CBT and Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing or EMDR.
I can draw from family therapy models. I have training and experience in behavioural family therapy and systemic family therapies, behavioural, and cognitive behavioural models.
I have developed a special interest in third wave cognitive and behavioural therapies, particularly Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy and Mindfulness.
I have considerable experience of working with a range of presentations and ages. I have worked in community teams and inpatient settings.
I have considerable experience working with people on the autistic spectrum and with other neurodevelopmental differences.
Areas of interest
Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Bereavement; Depression; Anxiety disorders; Developmental Trauma; Emotional Regulation
Post traumatic stress
Child Sexual Abuse
Trauma Focused Therapies
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology University of East Anglia 2002
- M.Sc. Health Sciences University of East Anglia 1998
- B.Sc.(Hons.) Psychology University of Wales, Bangor 1993
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Associate Fellow British Psychological Society 2002
Details of entry to specialist register
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist, 2002