- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Since commencing his Diploma in Orthopaedics in 1985 in Madras, Mr Murthy has extensive General Orthopaedics and speciality training at the leading hospitals in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
He obtained a Fellowship in Surgery in 1989, Intercollegiate Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery and Masters degree in Orthopaedics from Liverpool University in 1999.
Mr Murthy held Consultancy appointments in India, Ireland and Northampton before taking up post in Kent.
He has had the privilege of undergoing advanced training in Shoulder surgery under the guidance of two part presidents of British Elbow and Shoulder Society. As a Senior Registrar at the Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital in Dublin, he has extensive training in hip and knee replacements.
Mr Murthy's Sports Fellowship training in shoulder and knee injuries for 18 months was at the prestigious Royal Devon and Exeter Hospitals. He completed his training in knee reconstruction and replacement in the Professorial unit at Southampton University Hospital.
Areas of interest
• Shoulder arthroscopic decompression • Frozen release • Dislocation • Stabilisation • Rotator cuff tear • Arthroscopic repair • Minimal less invasive • Shoulder replacement • Resurfacing • Reverse geometry • Knee arthroscopy • Cartilage • Meniscus • Ligament • ACL • Knee replacement • Compartment • Hip replacement surgery • Sports injuries • Elbow surgery • PRP injection • Carpal tunnel
- Enquiries for treatment at the BMI Chaucer
- 01227 825100
- Petra Cutler
- The Spencer Wing Ramsgate Road MARGATE CT9 4BG
- 01843 234551
- 01843 296333
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Markandu Sathialingam Not Fee Assured
- Dr Henry Thanuvan Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, East Kent Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust at
Kent & Canterbury Hospital
Royal Victoria Hospital, Deal
Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement,
Rotator cuff pathology,
Mr Murthy enjoys time with family, playing and coaching his two children in table tennis, tennis badminton and chess in which they have represented Kent & Hampshire.
Mr Murthy is also interested in music, travel, gardening as they provide a pleasant diversion.
All outcome measures- both in private and NHS practice well within national figures.
- M.Ch Orth University of Liverpool 1998
- FRCS T&O Intercollegaite Board 1999
- FRCS Ed Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1989
- Diploma Orthopaedics University of Madras 1987
- Shoulder and Knee Fellowship Royal Devon & Exeter Hospitals 2001
Reference number 4394567
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, UK, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
BMA - British Medical Association
BASK - British Association for Surgery of Knee
BESS - British Elbow and Shoulder Society
IOA - Indian Orthopaedic Association
- The Spencer Wing, CT9 4BG
- 06:00 - 08:30
- 01843 234550
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.