- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Ramsay Woodland Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Mr Sampat is currently the joint-lead for macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. He trained as a specialist registrar in the West Midlands and completed a medical retina fellowship at the Moorfields Eye Hospital in London before taking up the post of consultant at KGH.
Mr Sampat has also jointly set-up the macular degeneration service at KGH, which has restored sight in many people. He and his team have been nominated 3 times for the National Macular Society's award for Clinical Excellence. He leads the retinopathy of prematurity service, which aims to diagnose and treat premature babies when abnormal blood vessels and scar tissue grow over the retina. This service scored 100% in the national Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN) report. Mr Sampat is also proficient in managing diabetic retinopathy including retinal laser surgery.
Mr Sampat is trained in treating dry macular degeneration with telescopic lens implantation called the IOLVIP.
He is proficient in complex cataract surgery and is a micro-surgical trainer/ faculty at the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London.
Areas of interest
Cataract Surgery; Macular Degeneration; Diabetic Retinopathy; Argon and YAG laser surgery; IOLVIP telescopic lens implantation for macular degeneration;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the Kettering General Hospital Foundation Trust.
Piano and singing (Performed alongside "LYRA" - professional group from St.Petersburg.
Oil on canvas painting
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
1. Serpiginous Choroidopathy With Bilateral Foveal Sparing and Good Visual Acuity After 18 Years of Disease.
Retina, 2007 Sep; 27(7): 989-990
2. Vascular shunt of the optic disc resembling neovascularization in a diabetic patient with optic disc drusen.
European Journal of Ophthalmology, 2006; 16(5): 764-766
3. Zonular dialysis and vitreous loss with “J shaped” hydrodissection cannula during phacoemulsification cataract surgery.
Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, 2005 Feb; 31: 450-1
4. One-Stop Laser Clinics – Patient’s Preference for Treatment.
Acta Scandinavica Ophthalmologica, 2003 Aug; 81(4): 422-3
5. Perfluorohexyloctane, pseudohypopyon and acute glaucoma – a brief report.
Retina, 2003 Feb; 23(1): 122-3
6. Indirect trauma causing dislocation of the crystalline lens - a case report.
European Journal of Ophthalmology, 2003 Jan-Feb; 13(1): 91-2
7. Iris Reconstruction Implant for a Sector Iridectomy – a case report.
Eye News, 2002 April/May; 8(6): 34
8. Optical coherence tomography in the diagnosis of sub-clinical serous detachment of the macula secondary to a choroidal nevus.
Ophthalmic Surg and Lasers, 2001 Nov-Dec;32(6): 474-6
9. Pseudo-duplication of the optic disc – Photoessay.
Eye News, 2001 Aug/Sep; 8(2): 36
10. The role of multifocal ERG in posterior segment intraocular inflammation.
Uveitis in the third millennium, Fifth International Symposium on Uveitis, Elsevier Science, 2000; 39-42
11. Elevated levels of both matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) 2 & 9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) 1 & 4 in the vitreous humour of diabetic patients.
Abstract in Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, March 15, 2000, Vol 41, No 4: s652
Courses offered to GPs
Age related Macular Degeneration
Important Eye conditions
Optical Coherence Tomography
Reference number 4562670
- BMI Three Shires, Northampton
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 07940 127089
- The Woodlands Hospital Rothwell Road...
- 14:00 - 18:30
- 07940 127089
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details