- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a very experienced Respiratory Physician with interests in all aspects of Respiratory Disease. My NHS practice is at Ashford and St Peters Hospital (ASPH). I am an experienced bronchoscopist and introduced Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) to ASPH in 2009, developing a highly regarded service. I have presented research at international meetings. I am also the Medical Director for CSH Surrey, a community health provider across Surrey.
Areas of interest
Asthma; COPD; Cough; Pulmonary fibrosis; Bronchiectasis; Lung cancer; Bronchoscopy and EBUS; Sleep apnoea; TB; pneumonia and chest infection: CAA respiratory assessments and exercise bronchial reactivity testing
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Respiratory Physician Ashford and St Peters Foundation Trust
Medical Director for CSH Surrey, Community Health Provider across Surrey
Deputy Head of School for Postgraduate Medicine Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Current research: the effects of CPAP on the cardiorespiratory function of patients with OSA awaiting bariatric surgery.
- MB BS University of London 1992
- FRCP Royal College Physicians (London) 1996
- BSc (Hons) Kings College London 1989
- PhD University College London 2005
Reference number 3663934
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Training Programme Director for Core Medical Training Health Education Kent Surrey and Sussex 2013
- Deputy Head of School of Medicine Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex 2016
- Medical Director CSH Surrey 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Respiratory Medicine, 2005
- General Internal Medicine, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
British Thoracic Society
Royal College Physicians
General Medical Council
- BMI The Runnymede Hospital, KT16 0RQ
- 14:00 - 17:30
- 07920 514231
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0792 051 4231