- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- General urology
- Urological oncology
I have a special interest in General Urology (prostate, bladder, vasectomy, circumcision and kidney stone), Laparoscopic Surgery, Uro-oncology and the Uro-Lift procedure for the prostate.
I am a Consultant Urological Surgeon, and I work on three sites, Kingston General Hospital, Queen Mary's Hospital, and St Georges Hospital. I trained at the Royal Free Hospital in London, and gained my higher surgical training in the North Thames Region and the Royal Marsden Hospital. I obtained my MD degree on research into Prostate Cancer. I have a special interest in Laparoscopy, Uro-oncology and laser surgery. I have undertaken periods of elective training, in Boston, Egypt, and Belgium.
As well as my Urological Commitments, I am the Chief of Surgery and Planned Care at Kingston Hospital.
I run General Urology Clinics for Kingston Hospital at Queen Mary's Hospital, and Oncology Clinics in the Sir William Rous Unit at Kingston.
Professional memberships :
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Member of the British Association of Urological Surgeons
Member of the European Association of Urological Surgeons
Member of the British Medical Association
Areas of interest
• Testicular pain • Oncology - surgical • Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery') • Bladder cancer • Vasectomy (including reversal) • Stone disease • Laser prostatectomy • Haematuria • Prostate disease including prostate cancer • Testicular cancer Circumcision Uro-Lift
- Serena Gunn
- New Victoria Hospital 184 Coombe Lane West Kingston Upon Thames KT2 7EG
- 020 8543 9924
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am a Consultant Urological Surgeon, and I work on three sites, Kingston General Hospital, Queen Mary's Hospital, and St Georges Hospital.
I am the Chief of Surgery and Planned Care at Kingston Hospital.
Urinary markers for prostate cancer.
The relationship of HPV with bladder, prostate and renal cancer.
Principal Investigator for UPSTREAM Prostate study.
Principal Investigator for viral CAVATAK study
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Conversational
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.baus.org.uk
- MBBS London 1991
- BSc (Hons) London 1988
- MD London 2006
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons England 1995
- FRCS (Urol) Intercollegiate Exam 2002
- Cardiology Elective New England Medical Centre, Boston, MA, USA. 1990
- Reconstructive Urology Urology and Nephrology Centre, Mansoura University, Mansoura Egypt. 1998
- European Urology Scholarship Programme Fellow in Laparoscopic Urology University Libre Bruxelles, Erasmus Hospital,Brussels 2004
Reference number 3554935
Details of entry to specialist register
- Urology, 2004
Affiliations / memberships
European Association of Urological Surgeons
British Association of Urological Surgeons
British Medical Association.
Royal College of Surgeons of England
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Please contact my secretary or the admitting hospital.