- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- General cardiology
Dr Julian Collinson is an experienced consultant cardiologist based at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. He trained at the world-famous cardiac centres at the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals and continues to practice at the Royal Brompton.
He consults on all areas of general cardiology and has a sub-speciality interests in the prevention, management and treatment of coronary artery disease (including interventional cardiology and the implantation of stents) and devices, such as pacemakers and implantable defibrillators.
Areas of interest
Acute coronary syndrome (ACS); Angina; Coronary stenting; Interventional cardiology; Heart failure; Pacing (cardiology); Echocardiography; Angioplasty; chest pain; hypertension; angioplasty; implantable defibrillators; pacemakers; palpitations; shortness of breath; heart devices; internal cardioversion; atrial fibrillation; risk assessment; angiography; cardiac catheterisation; Cardiovascular medicine; Coronary and ischaemic Heart disease; General Adult Cardiology; Syncope; Hypertension; Angioplasty and stenting; Valvular Heart disease; Heart Disease; Cardiac Risk Factor Identification & Management; Coronary Angiography; Coronary Artery Disease; Arrhythmias; Coronary stenting; Cardiac rhythm management; Pacing (cardiology); Heart; Heart devices; General / preventative cardiology; Fainting; Dyspnea (shortness of breath)
- Billing Services - Mrs Jill Dimpsey
- Doctor Account Solutions 43 Cardinal Road RUISLIP HA4 9PU
- 020 8966 9200
- PA - Cristina Greitas
- Lister Hospital Chelsea Bridge Road LONDON SW1W 8RH
- 020 7881 4168
- 020 7881 4167
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Daryl Dob Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
Royal Brompton Hospital
Clinical Director for Medical Specialties, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
Coronary artery disease
Acute coronary syndromes
Valvular heart disease
1. Patterson C, Nicol E, Bryan L, Woodcock T, Collinson J, Padley S, Bell D. The effect of applying NICE guidelines for the investigation of stable chest pain on out-patient cardiac services in the UK. QJM. 2011;104(7):581-8.
2. Collinson JR, Bakhai A, Taneja A, Wang D, Flather M. Admission ECG predicts long-term outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndromes without ST elevation. Quarterly Journal of Medicine. 2006;99(9):601-7.
3. Shibata MC, Collinson J, Taneja A, et al. Long-term prognosis of heart failure after acute coronary syndromes without ST elevation. Postgraduate Medical Journal 2006;82(963):55-9.
4. Collinson J, Bakhai A, Flather MD, Fox KA. The management and investigation of elderly patients with acute coronary syndromes without ST elevation: an evidence-based approach? Age and Ageing 2005;34(1):61-6.
5. Taneja A, Collinson J, Flather M, Bakhai A, Perez de Arenaza D, Wang D, Adgey J, Fox KAA. Mortality following Non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome: 4 years follow up of the PRAIS UK Registry. European Heart Journal 2004; 25: 2013-2018.
6. Collinson J, Flather M, Pepper JR, Henein M. Effects of valve replacement on left ventricular function in patients with aortic regurgitation and severe ventricular disease. Journal of Heart Valve Disease 2004; 13: 722-728.
7. Collinson J, Flather M, Coats AJS, Pepper JR, Gibson DG, Henein MY. Influence of valve prosthesis type on the recovery of ventricular dysfunction and subendocardial ischaemia following valve replacement for aortic stenosis. International Journal of Cardiology 2004;97(3):535-41.
8. Collinson J, Perez de Arenaza D, Flather MD, Bakhai A, Adgey AAJ, Fox KAA for the PRAIS-UK Investigators. Problems with managing high risk patients with acute coronary syndromes. Clinical Medicine 2004;4:369-75.
9. Weintraub WS, Mahoney EM, Zhang Z, Chu H, Hutton J, Buxton M, Booth J, Nugara F, Stables RH, Dooley P, Collinson J, Stuteville M, Delahunty N, Wright A, Flather MD, De Cock E. One year comparison of costs of coronary surgery versus percutaneous coronary intervention in the stent or surgery trial. Heart. 2004;90(7):782-8.
10. Collinson J, Flather MD, Fox KAA et al. Clinical outcomes, risk stratification and practice patterns of unstable angina and myocardial infarction without ST elevation: Prospective Registry of Acute Ischaemic Syndromes in the UK (PRAIS-UK). European Heart Journal 2000; 21 (17) 1450-1457.
- MBBS University of London 1992
- MD University of London 2000
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2010
Reference number 3677935
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
British Cardiovascular Society, Heart Rhythm UK, British Cardiovascular Intervention Society, British Medical Association
- Chelsea Outpatient Centre, SW3 5AW
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 020 7881 4168
- Cromwell Hospital, 164-178 Cromwell...
- 08:00 - 10:00
- 020 7460 5700
- Lister Hospital, SW1W 8RH
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 020 7881 4168
- London Basinghall Bupa Health Centre, EC2V 5BQ
- 14:00 - 17:30
- 020 7881 4168
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.