- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Earley qualified from the University of Bristol in 1993 and trained as a cardiologist in London. He has been a consultant at St Bartholomew's Hospital since 2006 specialising in disorders of the rhythm of the heart (electrophysiology) in particular atrial fibrillation (AF). He performs a comprehensive range of procedures to correct these abnormal rhythms; ablation, pacemakers and defibrillators (ICDs).
Areas of interest
Arrhythmias; Pacing (cardiology); Syncope; Heart failure; Cardiac electrophysiology; Atrial fibrillation; Ablation; Implantable devices / device therapy; Catheter ablation; Left atrial appendage occlusion
- Cristina Thorne
- 2nd Floor ST Olaf House London Bridge Hospital 27 Tooley Street London SE1 2PR
- 020 7234 2497
- 020 7234 2583
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
St Bartholomew's Hospital, London
His particular interest is the management of atrial fibrillation (AF) and procedures to restore normal rhythm.
The 5 most recent publications:
1) Use of a contact force-sensing ablation catheter with advanced catheter location significantly reduces fluoroscopy time and radiation dose in catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation. Europace. 2015 Aug 27
2.The Impact of Catheter Contact Force on Human Left Atrial Electrogram Characteristics in Sinus Rhythm and Atrial Fibrillation. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2015 Jul 7
3. Evolution of Electrocardiographic and Structural Features Over 3 Decades in Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathy.
Abrams DJ, Kirkby C, Page SP, Earley MJ, Nitiou D, Kelsell DP, Schilling RJ.
Circulation. 2015 Jun 23;131(25):2233-5.
4. Broad Complex Tachycardia in a Structurally Normal Heart. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2015 May 1.
5. A highly effective technique for transseptal endocardial left ventricular lead placement for delivery of cardiac resynchronization therapy.Heart Rhythm. 2015 May;12(5):943-9..
- MB CHB University of Bristol Medical School 1993
- MD University of London 2007
Reference number 4009089
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Treasurer British Heart Rhythm Society 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
British Heart Rhythm Society
European Heart Rhythm Society
- 2nd Floor ST Olaf House London Bridge Hospital...
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 020 7234 2497
- Spire Harpenden Hospital, AL5 4BP
- 15:30 - 18:00
- 0800 585 112
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.