- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 29 Jun 2020
I Qualified from Leicester Medical School in 1994, and have been a full time consultant rheumatologist since 2004. I have been clinical lead for rheumatology at County Durham and darlington NHS trust since 2014.
Areas of interest
Osteoporosis; Soft tissue rheumatism; Rheumatoid arthritis; Nerve conduction studies
Current NHS consultant posts held
I have been head of rheumatology at County Durham and Darlington Foundation Trust since 2010
Published author in a variety of rheumatological conditions including; osteoporosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, and Raynauds disease.
1) Do FRAX / NOGG Guidelines Predict Fractures in post-menopausal women with type 2 diabetes? Diabetic Med, 2012: 29/4(555-6). Bridges MJ, Ruddick SA.
2) Are Metatarsal Fractures Indicative of Osteoporosis in Post-Menopausal Women ? Foot & Ankle Spec. 2011; 4/5(271-3). Bridges MJ, Ruddick, SA.
3) Predicting the result of nerve conduction tests in carpal tunnel syndrome using a questionnaire. Hand Surgery, 2011;16/1(39-42). Bridges MJ, Robertson DC, Chuck AJ
4) Can self-reported height and weight be used to calculate 10 year risk of osteoporotic fracture? J Nutrit, Health & Aging, 2010,14/8(611-3), Bridges MJ, Ruddick S
5) Ability of FRAX / NOGG guidelines to identify patients sustaining low trauma fractures. Rheumatol 2010; 49(2): 391 – 2. Bridges MJ, Ruddick S.
6) Are fibromyalgia patients as inactive as they say they are?. Clin Rheumatol, June 2009;28/6(711-4).Raftery G, Bridges M, Heslop P, Walker DJ
7) Influence of diabetes on peripheral bone mineral density in men: a controlled study.
Acta Diabetologica, June 2005;42/2(82-6).Bridges MJ, Moochhala SH, Barbour J, Kelly CA
8) Factors influencing uptake of influenza vaccination in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis, 2003;62/7(685). Bridges MJ, Coady D, Kelly CA, Hamilton J, Heycock C
9) Evaluation of a screening tool for inflammatory joint disease. AnnRheum Dis, February 2003;62/2(187-8). Barbour JA, Binding J, Bridges M, Kelly C
10) Eosinophilia, arthritis, and soft tissue swellings. J Rheumatol, 2002, 29/12(2660-1). Bridges MJ, Holland C
11) Raynaud's phenomenon affecting the tongue of a patient with scleroderma.
Ann Rheum Dis, May 2002;61/5(472). Bridges MJ, Kelly CA
12) Two cases of Mycobacterium avium septic arthritis Ann Rheum Dis, 2002, 61/2(186-7). Bridges MJ, McGarry F
- MB;ChB Leicester University 1994
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 1998
- Certificate of completed specialist training Northern Deanery 2004
Reference number 4119986
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST, 2004
Affiliations / memberships
British Society for Rheumatology
Royal Osteoporosis Society
Royal College of Physicians
- BMI Woodlands Hospital, DL1 4PL
- 16:30 - 19:00
- 07800 981321
- Nuffield Health Tees Hospital, TS20 1PX
- 08:00 - 10:00
- 01642 624873
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.