- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Interventional cardiology
Dr Miles Dalby was appointed to the staff of the Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Trust in 2005. He trained at St Mary’s Hospital Medical School, undertaking a postgraduate MD research fellowship at the Royal Brompton Hospital. He completed his clinical training at the Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital in Paris and Harefield Hospital. Dr Dalby was awarded a UK National Clinical Excellence Award in 2014.
Dr Dalby manages all aspects of general cardiology including the investigation and management of chest pain, shortness of breath, high blood pressure, palpitations and dizzy spells. In addition he has expertise in a number of specialist clinical areas:
• Heart attacks: He leads the large Primary Angioplasty program for heart attack patients at Harefield Hospital and works with the London Cardiac Network in the provision of care for patients with acute coronary syndromes.
• Coronary stenting: He specialises in complex stent procedures and intracoronary imaging techniques. As well as the standard femoral artery route, he performs angioplasty procedures via the radial artery route which allows earlier mobilisation.
• Valvular heart disease: He leads the TAVI program at Harefield Hospital, replacing the aortic valve through a catheter, allowing aortic valve replacement for patients unsuitable for open heart surgery due to age or other conditions, who would otherwise remain untreated.
Dr Dalby’s research interests include the logistics of primary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction and optimal strategies for the deployment of intracoronary stents.
Areas of interest
Chest Pain; Shortness of breath; Palpitations; High Blood Pressure; Coronary artery disease; Heart attack; Interventional Cardiology; Coronary stenting; Valvular heart disease; Transcatheter Aortic valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Medical Secretary
- 020 7079 2100
- Medical Secretary
- 01895 828666
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
Senior Lecturer, Imperial College London
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- BSc Imperial College 1989
- MBBS Imperial College 1990
- MD Imperial College 1999
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2012
- FESC European Society of Cardiology 2012
- International Fellowship Pitie Salpetriere Hospital Paris 2002
Reference number 3484184
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST Cardiology and GIM, 2004
- 9 Harley Street LONDON W1G 9QY
- 14:00 - 19:30
- 020 7079 2100
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
PA 01895 828666
Duty Cardiologist 01895 823737
Appt bookings: 01895 828666/020 7079 2100
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Coronary angiography proceeding to angioplasty on the same day, +/- insertion of stent - femoral or brachial access - (5-50)
Trans catheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) - (1-5)
Adult cardiac catheterisation - radial access (including coronary arteriography/catheterisation of right/left side of heart/contrast radiology) - (1-5)
Adult cardiac catheterisation - radial access (including coronary arteriography/catheterisation of right/left side of heart/ contrast radiology) - with pressure wire (including fractional flow reserve measurement) - (1-5)