- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Gynaecological oncology
I have extensive experience in managing a wide variety of gynaecological problems since qualifying as a Gynaecologist in 1995 and am a Certified Specialist in the management of Gynaecological Cancers with the GMC and RCOG; I also treat Pre-cancers (Colposcopy) and have been a trained Colposcopist for over 20 years. I have expertise in the management of vulval and vaginal disease and run a specialised vulval/vaginal clinic in the NHS.
I am able to provide medical consultations, diagnostic tests (eg. biopsies, hysteroscopy, colposcopy) and treatment for a wide variety of gynaecological conditions. I am trained in DYSIS digital colposcopy.
With my surgical expertise, I am able to provide surgical expertise for complex benign conditions like endometriosis and adhesions and fibroids. I perform a wide variety of laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery including hysterectomy as well as vaginal hysterectomies and prolapse repair.
I am a specialist in the management of vulval and vaginal diseases including pre-cancer and perform laser surgery for various conditions.
I have had extensive leadership experience in the NHS including Clinical Director in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Director of Women's & Children at Southend Hospital, and Chair of the Essex Cancer Network. I am currently the Lead in Colposcopy in Southend Hospital.
Areas of interest
Colposcopy, Smears and DYSIS colposcopy.
Vulval and vaginal conditions
Minimal Access Surgery
Hysteroscopy & Endometrial Ablation
Abnormal bleeding or Heavy periods
Major pelvic surgery including cancer surgery
- Khalil Razvi
- Nicola Rehling
- Spire Roding Hospital Roding Lane South Redbridge ILFORD IG4 5PZ
- 020 8709 7806
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecologist and Gynaecological Oncologist, Southend University Hospital and Basildon & Thurrock University Hospital.
Lead Colposcopist, Southend University Hospital
Ovarian Cancer screening and diagnostics.
TumourTrace in cancer screening and detection
I have over 30 papers published as well as over 60 conference publications. I have been an invited speaker to international meetings.
I have 2 international patents from work done in Singapore in the field of ovarian cancer and fetal diagnostics.
I play badminton socially and enjoy cooking. With my nursing colleagues, I started a cancer charity called COPES for women and their families with gynaecological cancers (www.copesuk.org)
Clinical Excellence Award (NHS)
Woman & Home
Target Ovarian Cancer publications
Courses offered to GPs
I offer talks to GPs on common gynaecological conditions in primary care, cancer screening and on gynaecological cancers.
I have had no re-admissions from surgical procedures performed in hospitals including major cancer surgery in the last year. I have been revalidated by the GMC in 2013 and my patient satisfaction rate during the revalidation was 100%.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists RCOG 2008
- Master of Medicine National University of Singapore 1995
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine Royal Society of Medicine 2008
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists RANZCOG 1998
- MBBCh, BAO, LRCPI, LRCSI Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 1988
- MRCOG (Member of RCOG) Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 1995
- MRANZCOG (Member of RANZCOG) Royal Australian and NZ College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 1995
- Sub-specialty training in Gynaecological Oncology in St Bartholomew's Hospital and The Royal Marsden Hospital, London St Bartholomew's Hospital and the Royal Marsden Hospital 2000
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
Royal Society of Medicine
British Medical Association
European Society for Gynaecological Oncology
International Gynaecological Cancer Society
British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
- 18:00 - 19:30
- 01277 695695
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, CM15 8EH
- 08:00 - 10:30
- 01277 695695
- Spire Roding Hospital, IG4 5PZ
- 18:30 - 19:30
- 020 8551 1100
- Spire Wellesley Hospital, SS2 4XH
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 01702 462944
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.