- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 15 Apr 2020
- Gynaecological oncology
I have extensive experience in managing a wide variety of gynaecological problems since qualifying as a Gynaecologist in 1995 and am a Certified Specialist in the management of Gynaecological Cancers with the GMC and RCOG; I also treat Pre-cancers (Colposcopy) and have been a trained Colposcopist for over 20 years. I have expertise in the management of vulval and vaginal disease and run a specialised vulval/vaginal clinic in the NHS.
I am able to provide medical consultations, diagnostic tests (eg. biopsies, hysteroscopy, colposcopy) and treatment for a wide variety of gynaecological conditions. I am trained in DYSIS digital colposcopy.
With my surgical expertise, I am able to provide surgical expertise for complex benign conditions like endometriosis and adhesions and fibroids. I perform a wide variety of laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery including hysterectomy as well as vaginal hysterectomies and prolapse repair.
I am a specialist in the management of vulval and vaginal diseases including pre-cancer and perform laser surgery for various conditions.
I have had extensive leadership experience in the NHS including Clinical Director in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Director of Women's & Children at Southend Hospital, and Chair of the Essex Cancer Network. I am currently the Lead in Colposcopy in Southend Hospital.
Areas of interest
Colposcopy, Smears and DYSIS colposcopy.
Vulval and vaginal conditions
Minimal Access (Keyhole) Surgery including Hysterectomy
Hysteroscopy & Endometrial Ablation
Abnormal bleeding or Heavy periods
Major pelvic surgery including cancer surgery
- Janet Huett
- Spire London East Hospital Roding Lane South Ilford IG4 5PZ
- 07726 180572
- To pay your remaining balance please call
- Hythehopes Ltd PO Box 235 Shoeburyness Southend-On-Sea SS3 9WT
- 01702 382362
Anaesthetists worked with
- Group Anaesthetists of Southend Not Fee Assured
- Partners of Essex Anaesthetic Plexus Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecologist and Gynaecological Oncologist, Southend University Hospital and Basildon & Thurrock University Hospital.
Lead Colposcopist, Southend University Hospital
Ovarian Cancer screening and diagnostics.
TumourTrace in cancer screening and detection
I have over 30 papers published as well as over 60 conference publications. I have been an invited speaker to international meetings.
I have 2 international patents from work done in Singapore in the field of ovarian cancer and fetal diagnostics.
I play badminton socially and enjoy cooking. With my nursing colleagues, I started a cancer charity called COPES for women and their families with gynaecological cancers (www.copesuk.org)
Clinical Excellence Award (NHS)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Conversational
Woman & Home
Target Ovarian Cancer publications
Courses offered to GPs
I offer talks to GPs on common gynaecological conditions in primary care, cancer screening and on gynaecological cancers.
My performance statistics from surgical procedures performed in hospitals including major cancer surgery in the last year are in keeping with hospital outcomes. I have been revalidated by the GMC in 2013 and my patient satisfaction rate during the revalidation was 100%.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists RCOG 2008
- Master of Medicine National University of Singapore 1995
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine Royal Society of Medicine 2008
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists RANZCOG 1998
- MRCOG (Member of RCOG) Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 1995
- MBBCh, BAO, LRCPI, LRCSI Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 1988
- MRANZCOG (Member of RANZCOG) Royal Australian and NZ College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 1995
- Sub-specialty training in Gynaecological Oncology in St Bartholomew's Hospital and The Royal Marsden Hospital, London St Bartholomew's Hospital and the Royal Marsden Hospital 2000
Reference number 5199518
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
Royal Society of Medicine
British Medical Association
European Society for Gynaecological Oncology
International Gynaecological Cancer Society
British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
- 18:00 - 19:30
- 01277 695695
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, CM15 8EH
- 08:00 - 10:30
- 01277 695695
- Spire London East Hospital
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 020 8551 1100
- Spire Wellesley Hospital, SS2 4XH
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 01702 462944
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.