- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I have worked in the National Health Service for 29 years specialising in nail surgery, diabetes and wound care. I have had my private practice for 11 years. I gained my MSc in 2000.
I have presented at several regional and national conferences and was involved in a project which was shortlisted for a Quality in Care Award through NHS Diabetes.
I am currently on the Regional Diabetes Network North East.
Areas of interest
Nail surgery; Wound care; Diabetes, including diabetes mellitus; Toenails; Skin
Current NHS consultant posts held
Advanced Podiatrist County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
Diabetes, nail surgery, patient concordance
Diploma in Chiropdy, 1986
BSc (Hons) 1990
MSc Chiropody 2000
Diploma in Primary Care, Diabetes Management 2000
Facilitating Learning in Clinical Practice 2004
Certificate In Professional Development in Non-Medical Prescribing 2017
Courses offered to GPs
Diabetes UK Regional Conferences
Society of Chiropodists & Podiatrists National Conferance
Educational meetings to GP's on podiatry, diabetes & tissue viability
- Diploma in Chiropody New College Durham 1986
- BSc (Hons) Sunderland University 1990
- Diploma in Primary Care, Diabetes Management Bradford University 1999
- MSc Sunderland University 2000
- Facilitating Learning in Clinical Practce University of Teeesside 2002
- Certificate In Professional Development in Non-Medical Prescribing Teesside University 2017
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.