- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Podiatric surgery
Stephen is an NHS Consultant Podiatric Surgeon, who has been providing health care provision for over 20 years.
Stephen has extensive experience in his field having worked in the Al Hada military hospital Saudi Arabia; Nij Smellighe hospital in Holland and the Kaiser Permenate hospital group in San Francisco USA . Also a number of NHS hospitals within the United Kingdom, including the National Hospital for Nervous diseases London and more laterally the Great Western Hospital Swindon and the West Middlesex University hospital London .
During this time he has been exposed to a wide vareity of complex foot and ankle surgery, including lower limb sports injuries
Areas of interest
Foot surgery; Bunions; Hallux limitus ankle surgery; Flat foot reconstruction; Sports / running injuries; Ankle arthroscopy ligament repair Gait and biomechanical analysis; Orthoses provision
- Beverley Rand
- North Downs Hospital 46 Tupwood Lane Caterham CR3 6DP
- 01883 337405
- 07845 149953
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Somi Desikan Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Lewisham & Greenwich NHS trust London
Royal Berkshire NHS trust Berkshire
Corbett Hospital Stourbridge
1) Surgical reconstruction in Charcot Marie Tooth disease.
2) Metatarso-Cuneiform fusion.
3) Neuroma Excision using Ultra sound localisation
4) Gait assessment peri Birmingham Hip resurfacing.
5) Lower limb injuries professional football players
6) Sports & Running Injuries using Biomechanical Gait Analysis.
As a sportsmen Stephen has enjoyed playing football in Holland and the UK for a number of clubs Having retired from competitive football he now enjoys Mountain biking and can be seen along the North Downs way; Leith Hill; Box hill, whilst also completing numerous London to Brighton charity rides.
Osteotec Scholarship Surgical rotation
Fellowship Faculty Podiatric Surgeons
MSc Podiatric surgery/PGdip Clinical Biomechanics
1) The surgical management of Pes Cavus deformity with underling Charcot Marie Tooth disease.
The journal Foot and Ankle Surgery 50 (2011) 235-40
2) A prospective audit of referral patterns to a dedicated Foot and Ankle surgical service. The Foot 21 (2011) 166– 171
3) The Role of Sonographical interpretation & Localisation of Inter-metatarsal
Neuroma in the Surgical Management of Morton’s Neuroma. BJPM 2007; 10(3): 99–103
Courses offered to GPs
Hallux valgus correction
Rearfoot reconstruction in Neurological disease
Ankle and Knee examination
Injection therapy for degenerative joint disease
Clinical Biomechanical assessment
Treatment of Neuroma
Gait improvement following Hip resurfacing
- Fellowship Podiatric Surgery Faculty Podiatric Surgeons 2007
- MSC Podiatric Surgery Huddersfield University 2013
- MSc/Diploma Clinical Biomechanics Staffordshire Univeristy 2007
- BSc Podiatric Medicine University of Westminister 1992
- Mini C arm Intra operatrive Fluroscopy Derbyshire NHS Trust 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Faculty Podiatric Surgeon SOCP/Health professions council 1992
- Royal Society of Medicine (Senior associate) Royal Society of Medicine 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Fellowship Faculty Podiatric Surgeons, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
American College Foot & Ankle Surgeons
Royal Society of Medicine (Senior associate)
- BMI Blackheath Hospital SE3 9UD
- 09:00 - 21:00
- 020 8318 7722
- BMI Shirley Oaks CR9 8AB
- 17:30 - 20:30
- 020 8655 5500
- North Downs Hospital
- 07:30 - 20:30
- 01883 348981
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details