- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Having over 25 years experience as Deputy Head and Clinical Specialist Orthoptist in visual development and impairment.
Co-founded and Co-lead The British and Irish Orthoptic Society Special Interest Group for Special Education Needs
During my career within Warrington and Halton Hospitals I have developed a multi-sensory room and vision stimulation programmes to maximise the visual potential of babies and infants born with visual problems.
Developed a comprehensive eye care service into the Special Education Needs Schools.
Throughout my career I have also managed adults with neurological and ocular motility conditions.
Areas of interest
Paediatrics, squint, reduced vision; amblyopia, binocular vision; convergent weakness; special education needs; vision impairment; nystagmus; adult ocular motility; muscle palsy double vision; visual fields
Current NHS consultant posts held
Advanced Orthoptist Community Services, Central Manchester Foundation Trust Hospitals
Special Educational Needs
Adult neurological and ocular motility conditions; nerve palsies and double vision.
Enjoying countryside with family and friends
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Diploma of British Orthoptics (DBO) British Orthoptic Society 1983
- Institute of Leadership & Management Level 3 Institute of Leadership & Management 2011
- Clinical Tutor Liverpool University 2001
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Co Founder and Co-lead of British & Irish Orthoptic Society Special Interst Group British and Irish Orthoptic Society 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- Expert Witness for National AHP Database, 2012
- Spires Cheshire Hospital Fir Tree Close...
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01925 215068
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details