- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
I have worked as a Clinical Psychologist for 24 years, the last 13 years I have worked in the NHS, working with children and adolescents with mental health problems, as well as with adults with problems. I am an accredited CBT therapist and a EMDR practitioner. I see myself as a bit of a detective trying to unpick what is behind the problems that people struggle with. I always work collaboratively and share my thoughts and ideas with clients, keeping in mind that they know more about their lives than anybody else. I like to think I can give a person a "tool kit" to enable them to deal with their current problem, but to also manage difficulties that may present in the future
Areas of interest
Children with generalised anxiety problems; separation anxiety; social anxiety; depression; OCD; phobias; low self esteem; trauma related problems
Adults with stress related problems; anxiety; OCD; depression; post traumatic disorder, social anxiety, agoraphobia; phobias; low self esteem;
- Video and telephone consultations
I have done research on how parenting skills may affect personality development.
I have done research on language development and self esteem.
I have researched the effect of stress in daily life on physical and psychological health.
I am interested in supporting people with weight loss, looking at psychological reasons behind eating problems
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) Institute of Psychiatry 2005
- Certificate of Equivalence Chartered Clinical Psychology British Psychological Society 2003
- Masters Degree Clinical Psychology University of Stellenbosch RSA 1999
- EMDR Partitioner EMDR Workshops Ltd London 2009
- 16 York Road KING'S LYNN PE30 5RB
- 09:00 - 19:00
- 07812 731110
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.