- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
Areas of interest
Stress related disorders; Alcohol / drug dependency; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Substance misuse psychiatry; HIV / AIDS; Eye movement desensitisation & reprocessing (EMDR); Anxiety disorders; Eating disorders; Bereavement; Depression; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Psychosis; Major trauma
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
- Video and telephone consultations
Anketell, C., Dorahy, M. J., Shannon, M., Elder, R., Hamilton, G., Corry, M., MacSherry, A., Curran, D., & O’Rawe, B. (2010). An exploratory analysis of voice hearing in chronic PTSD: Potential associated mechanisms. Journal of Trauma and Dissociation, 11, 93-107.
Dorahy, M.J., Corry, M., Shannon, M., MacSherry, A., Hamilton, G., McRobert, G., Elder, R. & Hanna, D. (2009). Complex PTSD, interpersonal trauma and relational consequences: Findings from a treatment-receiving Northern Irish sample. Journal of Affective Disorders, 112, 71-80.
Dyer, K. F. W., Dorahy, M. J., Hamilton, G., Corry, M., Shannon, M., MacSherry, A., McRobert, G., Elder, R. & McElhill, B (2009). Anger, aggression and self-harm in PTSD and complex PTSD. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 65, 1099-1114.
Dorahy, M.J., Hamilton, G., Shannon, M., Corry, M., Elder, R., MacSherry, A., & McRobert, G. (2008). The experiences and consequences of the ‘Troubles’ in North and West Belfast from the perspective of those attending the Trauma Resource Centre. Belfast: OFMDFM, Victims Unit.
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited Membership of BACP British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy 2013
- Accredited Member of EMDR UK & Ireland EMDR Association 2013
- Member of BABCP British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapy 2013
Affiliations / memberships
EMDR UK & Ireland Accredited
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.