- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
I HAVE MOVED TO CANADA.
I qualified as a Clinical Psychologist in 1994 from Oxford and started my successful private practice in 2004. I also worked part-time in the NHS in adult mental health.
Areas of interest
Depression; Anxiety disorders; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Stress related disorders; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Panic; Phobias; Post-natal depression; Bereavement; self-esteem; Major trauma; Alcohol / drug dependency; Relationship problems; Eating disorders; Family therapy; Individual therapy; Adolescent mental health; Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Human Givens (HG) therapy.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Highly Specialised Clinical Psychologist, NHS Adult Mental Health Services, CNWL, Milton Keynes
Treatment outcomes for depression, anxiety and PTSD, Sub-threshold trauma and PTSD, Neurophysiology.
Running, gardening, playing piano and electric violin.
Clinical Psychology Forum
Human Givens: Promoting emotional health and clear thinking
- B.A. Hons. Psychology University of Manitoba, Canada 1988
- Diploma Clinical Psychology (equivalent to doctorate) Oxford 1994
- Doctorate in Applied Psychology Department of Neuroscience, Psychology and Behaviour, University of Leicester 2017
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Associate Fellow British Psychological Society (BPS) 2004
- Associate Member Human Givens Institute 2006
- Practitioner Psychologist Health Professions Council (HPC) 2011
Affiliations / memberships
BPS Crisis, Disaster and Trauma Psychology Section
European Society of Traumatic Stress Studies (ESTSS)
Human Givens (HG) Institute
UK Psychological Trauma Society (PTS)