- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Contingency Management
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Video and telephone consultations
Consultant Clinical Psychologist with 35 years' experience in NHS and Private Practice
Previously Head of Clinical Psychology Department - Northwick Park Hospital.
Experience in Community Mental Health, PTSD, Rehabilitation and Military Psychology.
Advisor to the National Institute of Clinical Health Excellence (NICE)
Areas of interest
Consultant Clinical Psychologist; Addictions; Substance Misuse; Drug & Alcohol Problems; Anxiety disorders; Depression; General Mental Health; Family therapy; Individual therapy; Bereavement; Psychosis;Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Trauma; Relationship problems; Obsessive-compulsive disorder; Behavioural Couples Therapy; Managing emotions; Dialectical Behaviour Therapy;
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
Brent, Chelsea & Westminster, Ealing, Hounslow, Hillingdon, Hammersmith & Fulham.
Addictions, drug & alcohol problems
Gambling and behavioural addictions
Behavioural Couples Therapy
Brief Psychological Therapy
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Afrikaans - Fluent
- French - Conversational
Addiction: Psychology and Treatment – Edited by Robert Patton, Paul Davis and John Witton - (2017) - London, Wiley Blackwell
A Clinician's Guide to Working with Problem Gamblers - Edited by Henrietta Bowden-Jones & Sanju George - (2015) - London, Routledge.
Has Clinical Psychology Caught Agoraphobia? - A Model for its Rehabilitation.
Publication. Clinical Psychology Forum, pp 32-34, No 70, August 1994.
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President Association of Behavioural Couples Therapists 2014
- Project Lead for Addictions British Psychological Society 2014
- Chair Substance Misuse Management in Good Practice (SMMGP) 2020
- Board Member British Psychological Society (DCP) Faculty of Addictions 2020
Details of entry to specialist register
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, 2005
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist, 1994
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society
British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy
American Psychological Association
Association of Behavioural Couples Therapists