- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Contingency Management
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
Consultant Clinical Psychologist with 30 years' experience in NHS and Private Practice
Previously Head of Clinical Psychology Department - Northwick Park Hospital.
Experience in Community Mental Health, PTSD, Rehabilitation and Military Psychology.
Advisor to the National Institute of Clinical Health Excellence (NICE)
Areas of interest
Consultant Clinical Psychologist; Anxiety disorders; Depression; Young adults mental health; Family therapy; Individual therapy; Bereavement; Psychosis; Addictions; Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Trauma; Relationship problems; Alcohol & drug dependency; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD; Substance misuse psychiatry; Behavioural Couples Therapy
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Physical disability
- Video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
Brent, Ealing, Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham AOCD Psychology Services.
Gambling and behavioural addictions
Behavioural Couples Therapy
Brief Psychological Therapy
Addiction: Psychology and Treatment – Edited by Robert Patton, Paul Davis and John Witton - (2017) - London, Wiley Blackwell
A Clinician's Guide to Working with Problem Gamblers - Edited by Henrietta Bowden-Jones & Sanju George - (2015) - London, Routledge.
Has Clinical Psychology Caught Agoraphobia? - A Model for its Rehabilitation.
Publication. Clinical Psychology Forum, pp 32-34, No 70, August 1994.
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair British Psychological Society (DCP) Faculty of Addictions 2013
- Chair Substance Misuse Management in General Practice (SMMGP) 2014
- Project Lead for Addictions British Psychological Society 2014
- President Association of Behavioural Couples Therapists 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist, 1994
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society
British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy
American Psychological Association
Association of Behavioural Couples Therapists