- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
A psychotherapist with more than 25 years experience both within the NHS and Private Practice
Areas of interest
Depression; Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT); Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Anxiety disorders; Bereavement; Trauma; Counsellor; Eye movement desensitisation & reprocessing (EMDR); mindfulness
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Pain management
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Retired (2014) Consultant Clinician Berkshire NHS PTSD service based in Reading.
Published extensively and spoken at conferences in many parts of the world.
A long standing volunteer with the British Red Cross and worked at disasters in many parts of the world.
A range of Red Cross awards.
Please see web page for up to date list of published papers.
Standardised psychometric symptom measures are used during assessment, mid treatment and again at the end of treatment.
- PhD Royal Holloway, University of London 1999
- MA Counselling/Psychotherapy University of Reading 1991
- Registered Nurse Royal London Hospital 1970
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Elected Fellow British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy As above 2003
Details of entry to specialist register
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, 1998
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychotherapy session - (5-50)
Counselling session - (1-5)