- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
I have worked with people with a range or psychological dificulties for many years in the UK, Australia and France. I trained as a Clinical Psychologist while living in Australia and completed my clinical doctoral degree in the UK after I returned to this country in 1997.
I have special interests in:
1) eating disorders and body image issues and have worked with people including athletes who struggle with these problems.
2) trauma and working with post trauma problems. I am an accredited EMDR consultant and I have been using EMDR for well over 20 years.
3) physical health problems and pain
I also provide treatments for a range of other disorders including anxiety and depressive disorders, OCD and alcohol problems. I provide structured therapy for couples experiencing relationship difficulties.
I use a number of psychological therapies in my work, primarily Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, but also Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness approaches and EMDR, tailoring the therapy to the individual. I have experience working with most psychological difficulties and, in the past, I worked with people with severe and enduring mental health problems in my NHS work in adult community mental health for many years.
Areas of interest
Individual Psychological therapy and counselling; Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); 'third wave CBT e.g. Acceptance & Commitment therapy (ACT) & Mindfulness approaches; EMDR; relationship/couple therapy; anxiety, stress, depression, Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Trauma, Eating disorders: other anxiety disorders e.g. obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); loss & bereavement; working with athletes; health psychology e.g. working with chronic health conditions and pain. Personality disorders.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Clinical Psychologist working as an EMDR external supervisor for Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Trust
I work for BUPA in my private practice only.
Eating disorders & trauma, but none active.
Music, tennis, gardening, crafts, time with family & friends
Australian Commonwealth Award for my clinical training in 1993
NHS internal awards for exceptional performance in 2002 & for the developing a 'group partnership' programme in 2005
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Native or bilingual
- Italian - Basic
- Russian - Basic
International Journal of Eating Disorders
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology Canterbury Christchurch University College, Kent 2002
- Master of Clinical Psychology Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia 1993
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) Francine Shapiro 1994
- EMDR Accredited Consultant Richman Training 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- British Psychological Society Register of Chartered Psychologists, 1999
- British Psychological Society Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society
BABCP Accredited Practitioner
EMDR Europe Accredited Consultant
- Tangletrees Petworth Road Wormley GODALMING...
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 07866 336177
- Tangletrees Petworth Road Wormley Godalming...
- 08:00 - 20:00
- 07866 336177
- Tangletrees Petworth Road Wormley Godalming GU8...
- 09:00 - 20:00
- 07866 336177
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details