- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
I have worked with people with a range or psychological dificulties for many years in the UK, Australia and France. I trained as a Clinical Psychologist while living in Australia and completed my clinical doctoral degree in the UK after I returned to this country in 1997.
I have special interests in:
1) eating disorders and body image issues and have worked with people including athletes who struggle with these problems.
2) trauma and working with post trauma problems. I am an accredited EMDR consultant & supervisor and I have been using EMDR for over 25 years.
3) physical health problems and pain
I also have extensive experience in providing treatments for a range of other disorders including anxiety and depressive disorders, OCD, adjustment disorders, bereavement, personality disorders and alcohol problems. I provide structured therapy for couples experiencing relationship difficulties.
I use a number of psychological therapies in my work, primarily Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and EMDR, but also Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness approaches, tailoring the therapy to the individual. I have experience working with most psychological difficulties and, in the past, I worked with people with severe and enduring mental health problems in my NHS work in adult community mental health for many years.
Areas of interest
Individual Psychological therapy and counselling; Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); 'third wave CBT e.g. Acceptance & Commitment therapy (ACT) & Mindfulness approaches; EMDR; relationship/couple therapy; anxiety, stress, depression, Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Trauma, Eating disorders: other anxiety disorders e.g. obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); loss & bereavement; relationship problems & divorce; working with athletes; health psychology e.g. working with chronic health conditions and pain; Personality disorders.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Clinical Psychologist working as an EMDR external supervisor for Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Trust
I work for BUPA in my private practice only.
Eating disorders & trauma, but none active.
Music, tennis, gardening, crafts, time with family & friends
Australian Commonwealth Award for my clinical training in 1993
NHS internal awards for exceptional performance in 2002 & for the developing a 'group partnership' programme in 2005
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Native or bilingual
- Italian - Basic
- Russian - Basic
International Journal of Eating Disorders
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology Canterbury Christchurch University College, Kent 2002
- Master of Clinical Psychology Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia 1993
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) Francine Shapiro 1994
- EMDR Accredited Consultant Richman Training 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- British Psychological Society Register of Chartered Psychologists, 1999
- British Psychological Society Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society
BABCP Accredited Practitioner
EMDR Europe Accredited Consultant
- Tangletrees Petworth Road Wormley GODALMING...
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 07866 336177
- Tangletrees Petworth Road Wormley Godalming...
- 08:00 - 20:00
- 07866 336177
- Tangletrees Petworth Road Wormley Godalming GU8...
- 09:00 - 20:00
- 07866 336177
Post treatment communication