- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Sian is a Specialist Gastroenterology Dietitian who has combined 25 years experience within the NHS, alongside 15 years within the private sector. She has worked at The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and most recently The Whittington Hospital, Guys and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and The Royal Free NHS Foundation Trust, based at Barnet and Chase Farm hospitals.
She has worked in the NHS alongside some of UK's leading Gastroenterologists in London most recently atThe Whittington Hospital in 2018. In 2016/17 she worked with the renowned Gastroenterology team at Guys and St Thomas’s NHS Foundation Trust providing nutritional guidance to patients with inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome. In 2013 Sian worked with a similar cohort of patients at The Homerton University Hospital and regularly sees patients at her private practice based at BMI Cavell and BMI Kings Oak Hospitals. She is fully trained as a Kings College Low FODMAP practitioner and has repeatedly achieved excellent results with a large number of patients by helping them identify which foods are problematic and subsequently equip them to manage their symptoms of irritable bowel and other functional gut syndromes.
Areas of interest
Gastroenterology - IBS; Crohn's; Ulcerative Colitis; Coeliac Disease; Gastro-oesophageal Reflux disease; Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver disease.
Nutritional Support for Oncology patients, particularly cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.
Neurology patients with swallowing difficulties - Head trauma; Parkinson's Disease; Dementia patients
Weight Management for weight reduction and weight gain.
Current NHS consultant posts held
1. Bank Dietitian - The Whittington Hospital,
London, N19 5NF
2. Bank Dietitian - The Royal Free NHS
Foundation Trust - Chase Farm Hospital, Enfield
Cycling, yoga, skiing, sailing and gardening.
1. British Dietetic Association Professional
Development Award 2013
2. Sustain the alliance for better food and
farming. Good Food on the Public Plate
(jointly presented to Sian and The Royal
Marsden Hospital catering team)
3. Low FODMAP Accredited Practitioner - Kings College London (2010/2013)
4. Registered Sport and Exercise Nutritionist
(SENr) 2009 - 2012
1. Contributing author to Chapter 8: Nutrition, fluid balance and blood transfusion. The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures. 7th & 8th editions, 2009 & 2011 respectively
2. Acknowledged contributor to ‘Kitchen Secrets
2' - A cookery book with accompanying BBC
TV series written by Celebrity Chef Raymond
Blanc in which I provided the dietary
analysis and supportive nutritional
background to many of the ingredients found
in the book's recipes
- BSc Honours Degree in Nutrition University of Surrey 1977
- Registration in Dietetics University of Surrey, Guildford 1977
- Further Education 730 Teachers’ Certificate City & Guilds of London Institute Kilburn Polytechnic London 1983
- Parenteral and Enteral Clinical Update Specialist Course British Dietetic Association 1999
- Sports Dietitians UK - National Accreditation British Dietetic Association 2000
- Low FODMAP Accreditation Kings College London 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Registered Dietitian Health Care Professional Council 2018
Affiliations / memberships
Current member of the following specialist groups of the British Dietetic Association:
1. Gastroenterology Group
2. Neurosciences Group
3. Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Group
4. Sports Nutrition Group
- BMI Cavell Hospital Cavell DriveENFIELDEN2 7PR
- 08:30 - 13:00
- 020 8362 3646
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.