- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I qualified as a chartered clinical psychologist in 1987 and was accredited as a cognitive behavioural therapist in 1996 having done my training at Oxford university (the Warneford hospital).
I worked for ten years in the NHS treating individuals, supervising other therapists and lecturing at Exeter university on anxiety and trauma.
After leaving the NHS I worked for two years with an organisational consultancy. I ran small groups in an organisational setting on stress management and assertiveness.
I now work in private practice and have done so for the last 10 years. I offer individual therapy in a pleasant setting and work collaboratively with clients to achieve their therapy goals.
Areas of interest
Individual therapy; Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Eye movement desensitisation reprocessing therapy (EMDR); Mindfulness based therapy; Depression; Anxiety problems including social anxiety, panic, worry, obsessive compulsive problems; Trauma related difficulties including early childhood trauma and post traumatic stress; Work related stress; Assertiveness difficulties; Complicated bereavement / grief; Pain management, ACT, DBT
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Pain management
- Video and telephone consultations
Walking, tennis, reading, film / theatre
- Clinical Psychology Surrey University 1987
- Cognitive Behaviour Training Oxford University 1995
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Psychological Society BPS 1987
- British Association of Behaviour and Cognitive Psychotherapy BABCP 1996
Details of entry to specialist register
- BABCP, 1996
Affiliations / memberships