- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
I began my Audiology career in the North West of England working as a clinical scientist at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital then South Manchester Foundation Trust' working at Withington Hospital for 11 years. I was appointed Head of Audiology at Central Manchester Foundation Trust (Trafford Division) in 2010. Clinically I work in all areas of Adult and paediatric Audiology including complex patients. I have an interest in Noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus having worked alongside many solicitors helping their clients with special damages reports, advanced digital hearing aids and tinnitus management. Areas of expertise also include noise protection and listening and monitoring devices.
I have been invited speaker at various meetings including UCL Ear Institute, London 2013/4. Advanced Amplification and Aural Rehabilitation Masterclass and the Nordic Audiology Society.
Areas of interest
Diagnostic Audiology; complex adult hearing assessment; complex paediatric hearing assessment; Hearing aids; Vestibular function (balance) tests; tinnitus management and rehabilitation, hearing aid fitting, assessment and rehabilitation in adults and children; Evoked response audiometry including, cortical evoked response audiometry (CERA) and threshold estimation ABR.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Head of Audiology Services
Central Manchester University Hospital Trust
Trafford Division (appointed 2010)
Evoked response audiometry including Cortical evoked response audiometry; Advanced digital hearing aids and paediatric Audiology.
Other than audiology my interests include watching Manchester United. Socially I enjoy leisure noise too much with a history of DJing whilst studying at University. I enjoy going on holiday in North Wales, SCUBA diving, snorkeling and crab fishing. I also have an interest in the Middle East as I have strong family connections there.
Member of the British Academy of Audiology (BAA) team of the year 2005
Member of the team of the year, Hospital Doctor Award 1999
(Additional) Languages spoken
• Lightfoot, G., Barker, F., Kennedy, V., Nassar, G., Tweedy, F., (2009) “The derivation of optimum criteria for use in the mono-thermal caloric screening test” Ear & Hearing, Vol. 30, No. 1, 54–62
• Nassar G. (2001) The human temporary threshold shift after exposure to a 60 minutes noise in an aerobic class. British Journal of Audiology. Volume 35, p99-101
- Au.D Doctor of Audiology Nova Southeastern Universtiy 2008
- MSc Audiological Science The University of Manchester 1996
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Hearing aid Dispenser and Principal Clinical Scientist (Audiology) 2001
Affiliations / memberships
• Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) Clinical Scientist registration 2001-present (Membership number CS 2676)
• Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) Hearing Aid Dispenser 2006-present (Membership number HAD 0860)
• British Academy of Audiology (BAA) Full member 1997-present (Membership number 2683)
• British Society of Audiology (BSA) Full member 1997-present (Membership number 2800)
• Association of Independent Hearing Healthcare Professionals (AIHHP) Associate member
- The Beeches Consulting Centre The Alexandra...
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 07979 960589
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: greg.nassar1