- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am a British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Senior Accredited/Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapy. I have over 25+ years of qualified experience. I have worked with mental health issues throughout this time as well providing short and long-term counselling/ psychotherapy. I have a broad wealth of experience working for various NHS, Agency and voluntary sector plus private practice providing either general or specialised therapy. I have been a Specialist Eating Disorders therapist for over 20 years.
Areas of interest
Stress;Depression; Anxiety disorders; Adolescent mental health; Eating disorders; Individual therapy; Relationship difficulties; Couple counselling; Adult Mental Health; Social Anxiety/Phobia; Bereavement; Body Image Disorders including Body Dysmorphic Disorder;
I am a British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist. I have over 25+ years of qualified experience. I have worked with relationship difficulties; mental health problems and specialised in Eating Disorders throughout this time. I also provide short and long-term individual counselling and psychotherapy.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
- Heather Beattie
- Heather Beattie Counselling & Psychotherapy 6 Strand Avenue HOLYWOOD BT18 9AR
- 07967 157652
- Video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
Currently not employed by NHS but I have been employed in Psychiatric hospitals as a Specialist Eating Disorders Therapist.
Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Going out for meals.
I enjoy going to the cinema or theatre.
I am in a wheelchair so access is important
BACP: 'Therapy Today' Journal
BACP: 'Private Practice' publication
Anorexia and Bulimia Care magazine
Woman Alive magazine
Courses offered to GPs
Talks on Eating Disorders and Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
Patient satisfaction rates are currently being assessed.
However, clients are expressing high levels of satisfaction in coming for counselling and experiencing
significant levels of improvement in their condition.
- Diploma with Merit in Psychiatric Studies Rusland College, England 2001
- Diploma in Clinical and Pastoral Counselling Institute of Counselling, Glasgow 1994
- Certificate in Marriage & Family Counselling Institute of Counselling, Glasgow 1992
- Certificate in Social Welfare Studies Queens University Belfast 1987
- Further Studies in Counselling Queens University Belfasy 1988
- P/Graduate Diploma in Applied Psychotherapy Queens University Belfast 2003
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy 2010
Details of entry to specialist register
- Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Children and Young People (BACP)
Private Practice (BACP)
European Eating Disorders Memebership/Journal
BEAT (Eating Disorders Membership and only listed therapist in N. Ireland
Membership of Anorexia and Bulimia Care
Member of Northern Ireland Counselling Forum
- Heather Beattie Counselling & Psychotherapy...
- 09:30 - 20:30
- 07967 157652
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
GP - Crisis Support
Accredited, experienced Counsellor/Psychotherapist
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: Heather-calling