- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
Highly trained professional whose experiences include research, clinical consultancy, managing, co-ordinating, lecturing, training and counselling. Experience in dealing with a wide range of presenting concerns in a clinical setting. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy practised. Experience in Occupational Testing and clinical assessment. A full caseload incorporating work as an E.A.P. Psychological Affiliate, Expert Witness and Consultant Psychologist. A Clinical and Counselling Psychologist who is an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society and Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development. Doctor of Philosophy and Doctor of Counselling Psychology; Chartered Scientist; Registered European Psychologist; Senior Associate of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Consultations are on weekdays on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at the Giffnock Practice; Wednesdays and Thursdays daytime at BMI Ross Hall Hospital.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Depression; Work-related stress; Relationships - individuals, couples, families; Sexual, Physical and Psychological abuse - adult, childhood (including historical,); Domestic abuse; Rape; Adoption issues; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder/ Crisis and trauma effects; Eating Disorders; Anger management; Confidence and esteem issues.
Assessment for Dyslexia; Autism Spectrum Disorder (includes what was formerly Asperger's); Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD); ODD, Conduct Disorder.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
GP clinics; BMI Ross Hall Hospital
Depression; Insomnia; Eating Disorders; Stress in the Workplace; Adoptees/Adoption; Adults abused as children; Childhood sexual abuse; Rape.
Counselling Psychology Quarterly;
International Journal of Stress Management.
High success rate as evidenced by patient satisfaction with intervention often minimal if patient compliance is good.
- Diploma in Primary Education Jordanhill College of Education now University of Strathclyde 1965
- M.A. (Hons) Psychology University of Glasgow 1987
- Doctor of Philosphy (PhD) - Student Mental Health Glasgow Caledonian University 1997
- Doctor of Counselling Psychology University of Teesside 2007
- Clinical Psychologist HCPC 2012
- Numerous relevant short courses related to areas of expertise, over a 25 year period Various 1989
Details of entry to specialist register
- Directory of Expert Witnesses, 1997
- Register of Qualification in Test Use - BPS, 1992
- Register of European Psychologists - first cohort, 2006
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), 1990
- The Science Council, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Member of General Teaching Council;
Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society;
Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Personnel and Development.
Senior Associate of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- 32 Briarlea Drive Giffnock GLASGOW G46 6DR
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 0141 637 3391
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.