- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
Areas of interest
Depression; Stress management; Anxiety disorders; Phobias; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Eating disorders; Relationship issues; Family conflict; Management of developmental and autistic spectrum disorders; Dealing with infertility; Bereavement; School and exam stress. Children and adolescents, as well as adults--individually or as a couple--may be referred.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
Effects of birth order position
Straight Talking (2009); The Happy Child (2010); Birth Order (2013); and The Key to Calm (2014), all books by Linda Blair. Weekly column, Mind Healing, in The Telegraph.
Courses offered to GPs
'How to help patients manage stress and anxiety'
'Beyond Mindfulness: Creating True Balance in Your Life'
- M.Phil., Clinical Psychology Institute of Psychiatry, University of London 1980
- M.A., Developmental Psychology Harvard University 1977
- B.A., Psychology Wellesley College, USA 1973
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Associate Fellow British Psychological Society 2015
- Chartered Psychologist British Psychologist Society 2015
- Chartered Scientist British Psychological Society (The Science Council) 2015
- Registered Practitioner Health and Care Professions Council 2015
- Accredited Member British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Health and Care Professions Council
British Psychological Society
British Association for Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies
Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society Ltd.