- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
I am a counsellor and group analytic psychotherapist in private practice with over twenty years experience of seeing people with low levels of anxiety and low to medium levels of depression. I also see people suffering from workplace stress, bereavement and relationship problems. After working in education, the youth service and in local GP practices, I now work largely in private practice, for charities, and supporting other therapists in their training and practice.
Areas of interest
Bereavement; depression; relationship; stress; Individual therapy; psycho dynamic therapy; sexuality and gender; disability; parenting issues; relocation.
Current NHS consultant posts held
The effectiveness of supervision groups to enhance the work of therapists.
Gardening, art and music
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Basic
Psychodynamic Practice: Vol 18 Issue 2 2012:
Fear of flooding and the group matrix: an application of group analytic ideas to the issue of climate change denial.
Courses offered to GPs
I would be interested in discussing possibilities.
I use CORE outcomes data in some of my work, and it is used in some of the work I supervise.
- B.Ed Homerton College, Cambridge 1971
- Diploma in Counselling and Guidance Reading University 1988
- Diploma in Group Analytic Psychotherapy The Institue of Group Analysis (Manchester) 1997
- Diploma in the Supervision of Group Analytic groups IGA North London 1999
- Diploma in Using the Group as a medium for supervision Institute of Group Analysis (London) 2011
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Committe Member, Bulletin Editor Oxford Psychotherapy Society 2014
- Co-director Diploma in Group Supervision 2016 Institute of Group Analysis 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- UKCP registered, 2001
- BACP, 2001
- UKRC, 2000
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the Institute of Group Analysis
Member of UKCP
Senior Accredited member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.)
- The Centre for Reflection, Aston Tirrold,...
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 01235 813599
- The Centre for Reflection, Spring Lane, Aston...
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01235 813599
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
It is not usual for the psychotherapy client to get in touch with the practitioner after the close of therapy unless the therapist has offered the possibility of a follow up at the last session.