- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
I have been working as a therapist for over 20 years, the majority of which has been in primary care within the NHS.
Through developing my work alongside patients, GPs and Psychiatrists I firmly believe therapists should have the knowledge and ability to integrate a variety of different therapeutic approaches – it is vital that the therapy fits the patient, not the patient fits the therapy. Therefore I would describe myself, broadly, as a Humanistic therapist i.e. one who puts the client foremost in the relationship, but who draws on techniques from Rogers, Jung, psychoanalysis, Gestalt, NLP, clinical hypnosis and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness.
I work primarily with adult individuals, but also have experience of working with children and adolescents, the elderly and couples.
I have set up, run and developed counselling/psychological therapy services in 5 GP surgeries; facilitated CBT psychoeducational groups; worked in an IAPT service; supervised other therapists and facilitated and led training days. I
I am passionate about my work, committed, energetic and enthusiastic but genuinely care about my clients and strive to work with warmth, intuition and sensitivity.
Areas of interest
Relationship problems; Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Stress related disorders; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Post natal depression; Major trauma; Historic Abuse; Depression (including bipolar disorder, reactive depression); Anxiety disorders; Bereavement (including loss and life adjustment); Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Individual therapy; Adolescent mental health; Issues of identity; Self-harm; Ongoing or significant illness
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
- Masters Degree in Psychotherapy & Counselling Regent's University, London 1997
- Bachelor of Science Psychology & English Roehampton Institute of Higher Education 1988
- Certificate in Hypnosis & Psychotherapy National College of Hypnosis & Psychotherapy 1991
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision in Organisational Settings Palmoasis 2007
- Diploma In Counselling Supervision in Organisational Settings Oasis talking Therapies 2013
Affiliations / memberships
UKCP Registered HIP division Psychotherapist & Psychotherapeutic Supervisor
CPC Registered Counsellor & Supervisor