- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
Professor White is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as a clinical psychologist and health psychologist. He is an expert in psychological therapy for common psychological problems presenting in adults, with specific skills in enabling people to understand the ways in which problems have emerged and are being maintained.
Areas of interest
Eating disorders; Depression; Anxiety disorders; Bereavement; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Alcohol / drug dependency; Affective disorders; Major trauma; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Somatoform disorders
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
Not currently involvement with clinical assessment and intervention in NHS.
Applied psychology of health and social care, psychosocial oncology. Developing interests in applied psychology of adverse events, complaints handling and medical law.
Professor White has received awards for developing services in the NHS (from the Faculty of Clinical Health Psychology) and internationally for his research on psychosocial aspects of cancer. His book, Living with Complicated Grief, was Highly Commended in the BMA Medical Book of the Year Awards 2014, Personal Medicine Category. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and also Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
Courses offered to GPs
Management of Complicated Grief
Psychological Management of Common Adult Psychological Problems
CBT in Oncology and Palliative Care
Learning when things go wrong
- Bachelor of Science, First Class Honours Psychology University of Glasgow 1992
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology University of Manchester 1995
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cognitive Therapy (with Merit) University of Durham 1997
- Doctor of Philosophy University of Glasgow 2004
- Master of Medical Law Unviersity of Glasgow 2014
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow British Psychological Society 2014
- Fellow Academy of Cognitive Therapy 2001
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2014
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: professorcraigwhite
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (1-5)