- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 24 Apr 2020
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Contingency Management
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
Professor Craig White has been a clinical psychologist for 26 years. He is Honorary Professor in the Institute of Health and Wellbeing, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences at the University of Glasgow.
He is an expert in the assessment and psychological management of psychological problems occurring in adulthood and has written critically acclaimed books and papers, including the Oxford Textbook of Psychotherapy and the ABC of Psychological Medicine. He was a Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy and has trained cognitive therapists in the UK and internationally.
He has a Masters degree in Medical Law and is skilled in the provision of advice in cases with medico-legal, occupational health and/or employer involvement in care planning and decisions. In addition to out-patient psychological therapies, he offers a flexible range of intervention components delivered in clinic and through follow-up arrangements by email, video consultation and supported self-management.
Areas of interest
Eating disorders; Depression; Anxiety disorders; Bereavement; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Alcohol / drug dependency; Affective disorders; Major trauma; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Somatoform disorders; Adjustment. 'LGBTI-friendly' clinician.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
- body image problems
- Medical secretary to Prof White
Current NHS consultant posts held
Not currently involved with clinical assessment and intervention in NHS settings.
Applied psychology of health and social care, quality governance, assurance and improvement.
Prof. White has received awards for developing services in the NHS (from the Faculty of Clinical Health Psychology) and internationally for his research on psychosocial aspects of cancer. His book, Living with Complicated Grief, was Highly Commended in the BMA Medical Book of the Year Awards 2014. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and Fellow of the British Psychological Society. He is a Certified CBT Therapist & Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy.
(Additional) Languages spoken
See Profc.org website for publications.
Courses offered to GPs
- Bachelor of Science, First Class Honours Psychology University of Glasgow 1992
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology University of Manchester 1995
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cognitive Therapy (with Merit) University of Durham 1997
- Doctor of Philosophy University of Glasgow 2004
- Master of Medical Law Unviersity of Glasgow 2014
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow British Psychological Society 2014
- Fellow Academy of Cognitive Therapy 2001
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Association for Behavioural Contextual Science
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: professorcraigwhite