- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 30 Apr 2020
After receiving his medical degree from Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt in 1984, Dr El Miedany completed an internship and residency, he furthered his training in rheumatology at the Centre for Rheumatic Diseases, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow (UK); where he carried out his MD thesis about pulmonary affection in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Dr El Miedany is a fellow of the Royal College of Physician (London). He is a consultant rheumatologist, Darent Valley Hospital as well as Medway Hospital, England.
Dr El Miedany is a fellow of the American College of Rheumatology, British Society for Rheumatology and is a regional coordinator for the Paediatric Rheumatology International Organization (PRINTO).
For Further information, please visit the website: www.rheumatology4u.com. Under about you can find further information about Dr. El Miedany
Areas of interest
• Early Arthritis • Joint pain • Carpal tunnel syndrome • Hand pain • Shoulder pain • Lower limb pain • Osteoarthritis • Soft tissue pain • Nerve conduction testing • US guided joint injection or aspiration • LBP • Fibromyalgia • Gout • Osteoporosis
- Home Page: http://www.rheumatology4u.com
- Prof. El Miedany's Patient Feedback: http://www.rheumatology4u.com
Current NHS consultant posts held
* Professor Canterbury Christ Church University, Kent, England
*Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer King's College.
* Consultant Rheumatologist, Darent Valley Hospital. Dartford, Kent.
* Consultant Rheumatologist, Medway Hospital. Gillingham, Kent
Professor El Miedany has authored several research studies, which have been published in peer-reviewed journals, as well as over 200 abstracts, presented in several national and international rheumatology conferences. For his contribution in scientific research, Dr El Miedany has been an invited speaker at many international rheumatology meetings and symposia worldwide, including the Elite American College of Rheumatology and EULAR. His citations exceeded 1800, with h-index 21 and i10-index of 32.
Playing piano (Level 3 certificate)
International health Professional of the year, 2004
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Fluent
For a list of the published research available on the Pubmed, please copy and paste this link:
For further details on google, please copy and paste this link:
Courses offered to GPs
Dr El Miedany has developed a teaching program for GPs/ Rheumatology Trainees including:
1. A guide to early inflammatory arthritis.
2. A guide to LBP
3. A guide to carpal tunnel syndrome.
4. A guide to management of osteoporosis.
5. A guide to diagnosis and management of Fibromyalgia
6. A guide to Gouty arthritis management.
7, A guide to Hand Pain
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.rheumatology4u.com
Prof. El Miedany has been strong advocate of Patient Centered care with special interest in Patient Reported Outcome as well as Patient Reported Experience Measures
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians 2006
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer King's College 2015
- MD Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Ain Shams University 1994
Reference number 5158875
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant Rheumatologist Darent Valley Hospital 2003
Details of entry to specialist register
- Consultant Rheumatologist, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
Prof. El Miedany is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP, London), American College of Rheumatology, British Society for Rheumatology and is a regional coordinator for the Paediatric Rheumatology International Organization (PRINTO).
- BMI Fawkham Manor Hospital
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 07944 902317
- 15:30 - 19:30
- 01689 490111
- Spire Alexandra Chatham
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 07718 272227
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Ms Deborah Palmer
Mobile: 07718 272227
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: yelmiedany