- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Avicenna Clinic .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
MD, FRCSEd, FRCOphth
Universidad del Rosario, Bogota, Colombia.
-Diplome de Speciality in Ophthalmologie University de Paris VI, Pierre et Marie Curie.
-Diplome de Spezialste a titre Etrager Paris VII.
-Post Doctoral Corneal Fellowship Stamford University, CA, USA
-Medical Retina and Uveitis Fellowship: Moorfields Eye Hospital, St. Mary's Hospital & Chelsea and Westminster.
-Consultant Ophthalmologist: North West Anglia NHS FT
Areas of interest
Current NHS consultant posts held
North West Anglia NHS FT
Mainly Peterborough City Hospital also Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Astronomy, Music, walking, cycling
-5 CEA: Clinical Excellence Awards
-Glaucoma Awards for community Glaycoma service
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Spanish - Native or bilingual
- French - Fluent
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.nodaudit.org.uk/public/surgeon-list
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons Edingburgh 2001
- MD Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario 1984
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologist 2008
- Diplome Internationsl de Specialite in Ophthalmology University of Paris VI - Pierre et Married's Currie 1989
- Corneal Fellowship Standord University 1992
- Medical Retinal Fellow Moorfields Eye Hospital 1998
- Medical Retinal and Uveitis Fellow Western Eye Hospital and Chelsea and Westminster Hospital 2000
Reference number 4786973
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant Ophthalmologist North West Anglian NHS FT 2002
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery -ESCRS
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
1) 01733 842 371
2) 01733 842 372
3) 01733 842 376
4) 0131 527 1600