- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Mr Chandran is a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon and Urologist at the Birmingham Children's Hospital and the BMI Priory hospital. He trained in General Surgery and Paediatric Surgery in New Zealand and Australia, and has been a Consultant for 15 years.
He is the Clinical Lead for Laparoscopic Surgery at Birmingham Children's and is recognised expert in the field of Laparoscopic Paediatric Urology in the UK and overseas.
Areas of interest
PAEDIATRIC SURGERY/UROLOGY: including Hernias, Hydroceles, Undescended Testes, Tight Foreskins/Phimosis, Circumcisions,
SPECIALIST PAEDIATRIC UROLOGY : Hypospadias repairs; Genital reconstruction.
LAPAROSCOPIC OPERATIONS('Keyhole surgery') : Laparoscopic Nephrectomy, Hemi-nephrectomy, Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty.
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
1. Consultant Surgeon, Birmingham Children's Hospital, BIRMINGHAM.
2. Hon Consultant Surgeon, Princess Royal Hospital, TELFORD.
3. Hon Consultant Surgeon, North Staffs General Hospital, STOKE-ON-TRENT.
Travelling, Cycling, Flying
English, Hindi, Tamil
Journal of Paediatric Urology,
Journal of Paediatric Surgery,
Pediatric Surgery International,
Courses offered to GPs
Yearly Update lecture at the Birmingham Medical Institute, Edgbaston, B15 3AF, organised by the BMI Priory Hospital.
- B.Sc., M.B.B.S, Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, INDIA 1985
- FRACS (Gen Surgery), Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA 1995
- FRACS (Paediatric Surgery) Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne 1997
- FEAPU (Fellow of the European Association of Paediatric Urologists) Belgium. 2006
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Director of Surgery Birmingham Children's Hospital 2010
- Clinical Lead for Laparoscopic Surgery Birmingham Childrens Hospital 2012
- Head of Organising Committee BAPES (British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeon) 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatric Surgery and Urology, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
1) British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons (BAPES)
2) British Association of Paediatric Surgeons (BAPS)
3) Royal Australasian College of Surgeons,(RACS)
4) European Society for Paediatric Urology (ESPU)
5) British Association of Paediatric Urology (BAPU).
- B M I Priory Hospital Priory Road Edgbaston...
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0121 440 2323
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital Ladywood House...
- 17:00 - 18:00
- 0121 333 8389
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.