- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Mr. Milind Shrotri is an accomplished minimal access or laparoscopic surgeons in the North West & Merseyside region. He has been working as a Consultant Surgeon in Upper GI & Laparoscopic Surgery since 2004. His main specialist interest is laparoscopic or minimally invasive surgery for oesophageal and gastric (stomach) cancers. This is besides his considerable experience in benign simple and complex upper gastro-intestinal surgery, which covers gall bladder surgery (laparoscopic cholecystectomy) to anti-reflux surgery (laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication) to complex revisional surgery including bilio-pancreatic diversional surgery. He started the first successful day-case laparoscopic cholecystectomy programme in June 2004 and has the biggest experience in the North-West & Merseyside region. He has represented the North-West & Merseyside Region on the national council of Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of GBI for 4 years and has recently been re-elected for a further 4 years. He has continued his further development in laparoscopic surgery by gaining experience in laparoscopic Weight Reduction (Metabolic or Bariatric) surgery
Areas of interest
1. Started the first day-case surgery programme for laparoscopic cholecystectomy in the North-West & Merseyside region (June 2004) with over 600 cases done as day surgeries over last 8 years single-handedly.
2. No gall bladder or anti-reflux surgery procedures in the last 8 years have been converted to open procedures.
3. Developed new technique of doing groin hernia, which is more painless as compared to standard technique (in process of being published).
4. Modified way of doing anti reflux surgery, which is equally effective but secure with less side effects (in process of being published).
4. Largest experience in the Merseyside of laparoscopic (minimal access) surgery for oesophageal and gastric cancers.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Surgeon - Upper Gastro-Intestinal & Laparoscopic Surgery
Aintree University Hospital
1. Enhanced Recovery Pathway in complex Gastro-oesophageal surgery
2. Post-cholecystectomy pain
3. Anti-reflux surgery
4. Incentive Sporometry intervention before complex Gastro-oesophageal surgery.
1. Wildlife & natural landscape photography
2. Watercolour painting
(Additional) Languages spoken
Courses offered to GPs
1. Management of reflux problem
2. Management gall-stone disease
3. Management of groin & incisional hernias
4. Management of gastritis
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow 1996
- MD University of East Anglia 2007
- MS (General Surgery) Pune University, India 1989
- MBBS Pune University, India 1985
Reference number 4620642
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- North-West & Merseyside Representative Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of GBI 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of GBI (ALS)
Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS)
British Association of Surgical Oncology (BASO)
International Gastric Cancer Association (IGCA)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.