- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Head & neck oncology
Appointed in 2004, Mr Banerjee is currently the lead clinician for the children's hearing service in Teesside and North Yorkshire region. He is the Director of the North East Regional Cochlear Implant Programme.
Mr Banerjee undertook his training on the Cambridge rotation and a fellowship in Perth, Western Australia in advanced otology (ear disease).
Mr Banerjee has a practice in general ENT in adults and children. His private practice at Nuffield reflects his wide experience in all ENT conditions that he deals with in his NHS practice. He deals with patients with sinus disease, offering both medical management and endoscopic sinus surgery.
He treats balance problems, hearing loss and ear infections with a special interest in surgery for the reconstruction of the ear drum and restoration of hearing.
He also provides a WAX CLEARANCE service that can be accessed without a referral from your GP.
He is the only surgeon in the region offering surgery for snoring under local anaesthetic as a day-case procedure.
Areas of interest
Head and neck cancer; Paediatric ENT; Cochlear implantation; Hearing aids; Otology (ears); Rhinology (nasal disorders); Gastro-oesophageal reflux; Ears; Parotid gland surgery; Facial pain; Mastoid disease; Oral dysplasia; Dysphasia; Sense of smell / olfaction; Otoneurology; Throat; Ossiculoplasty; Relapsing polychondritis; Paediatic audiology; Neck; Auditory rehabilitation; Stapedectomy; Tonsil / adenoid disorders; Chronic suppurative otitis media; Nose; Tinnitus; Ear infections; Auditory implants; Acoustic neuroma surgery; Nasal polyps; Neck lumps - benign; Sinusitis; Middle ear disease / surgery; Skull base surgery; Inner ear disorders; Deafness; Hearing loss; Dysphagia; Neurotology; Balance disorders; Otitis media ('glue ear'); Pinnaplasty / otoplasty; Rhinoplasty / nose surgery; Throat disorders; Voice disorders; Laryngology; Dizziness; Nasal reconstruction; Sinus procedures incl. endoscopic sinus surgery; Dyspepsia (indigestion)
- Kerry Johnson
- Nuffield Hospital Junction Road STOCKTON-ON-TEES TS20 1PX
- 07522 644724
- 01642 359111
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Andrew Lloyd Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
1. Consultant ENT Surgeon
2. Director, North East Regional Cochlear Implant Programme
3. Speciality Group Lead for ENT
NIHR Clinical Research Network North East & North Cumbria
2. Hearing restoration
3. Superior Semicircular Canal dehiscence syndrome
Council member: Royal Society of Medicine (Otology section), Committee member: Clinical Audit & Practice Advisory Group for ENT UK, Secretary: North of England ENT Society, Member: Intercollegiate Examination Question Writing Group.
1. Clinical evaluation of a new laser-ablated titanium implant for bone-anchored hearing in 34 patients: 1-year experience. Clin Otolaryngol. doi:10.1111/coa.13060
2. Systematic review of benefits or harms of routine anaesthetist-inserted throat packs in adults: practice recommendations for inserting and counting throat packs. . (2018), Anaesthesia. doi:10.1111/anae.14197
3. Short-term results from seventy-six patients receiving a bone-anchored hearing implant installed with a novel minimally invasive surgery technique. Clinical Otolaryngology, Vol. 42, p.1043-1048. ISSN 1749-4478. 2017
4. Are Cervical Collars a Necessary Postprocedure Restriction in Patients With Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo Treated With Particle Repositioning Manoeuvres?
. Otol Neurotol. 2017 Jul;38(6):860-864.
5. Superior Canal Dehiscence syndrome: Dr Dev Roy & Dr Anirvan Banerjee
Textbook: Otology and Middle Ear Surgery chapter 22, pages 320-324, Jaypee Publishers, 2016
6. Outcome measures of electroacoustic hearing–a questionnaire to evaluate bimodal satisfaction
HE Cullington, J Edwards, S Murphy, A Banerjee - 2015 - eprints.soton.ac.uk
7. Occlusion of the round window: a novel way to treat hyperacusis symptoms in superior semicircular canal dehiscence syndrome. A The Journal of Laryngology & Otology / Volume 127 / Issue 07 / July 2013, pp 705-707 (awarded best paper in the short communication category for 2013 by the JLO)
8. Myringotomy and ventilation tube insertion with minims tetracaine drops European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology Volume 268, Number 10 (2011), 1533-1534.
9. Letter: Superior semicircular canal syndrome should be searching for an alternative pathology . Clinical Otolaryngology. Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 101–102, February 2013
10. Vestibular evoked myogenic potentials: reviewThe Journal of Laryngology & Otology / Volume 124 / Issue 10 / October 2010 , pp 1043-1050
11. Management options for skull base/petrous apex lesions. Journal of ENT Masterclass. Yearbook 2008. Volume 1 Issue 1. Dec 2008, pp 38-44.
12. Superior Canal Dehiscence (SCD) Syndrome – A Missed Diagnosis? The Otorhinolaryngologist 2007; 1(2): 72–75
13. Audiometric Outcomes of Tympanoplasty With Hydroxylapatite Prosthesis: Consultant Versus Trainees.. Otology & Neurotology: August 2007 - Volume 28 - Issue 5 - pp 678-681
14. Dacryocystitis presenting as post-septal cellulitis: a case report . Journal of Medical Case Reports 2007, 1:77
15 other peer reviewed papers
Reference number 4603201
Affiliations / memberships
1. GMC Registration number: 4603201 (1996)
2. ENT UK
3. Royal Society of Medicine
4. Ear UK
5. British Cochlear Implant Group
6.Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Nuffield Health Tees Hospital, TS20 1PX
- 15:00 - 20:00
- 07522 644724
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Nuffield Health Tees Hospital