- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 6 Jun 2020
Dr Mytheen’s clinical work as a Consultant Clinical Neurophysiologist includes Nerve Conduction Studies and Electromyography for conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar neuropathy, other entrapment (trapping) nerve problems, Motor Neuron Disease, peripheral neuropathies, muscle disorders like myopathy muscular dystrophy, nerve injuries. He also provides various EEG investigations of epilepsy and other selected brain disorders and offers full reports on Evoked Potential Studies ( EPs).
Areas of interest
All nerve trappings including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome; Diagnosis of Peripheral Neuropathy; Motor Neuron Disease; Myopathy; Myasthenia gravis; Epilepsy and EEG invesigations
;Electromyography (EMG); Nerve conduction studies; Evoked Potential Studies
- NHS Hospital Work Profile: http://www.swbh.nhs.uk/gps/dr-shereef-mytheen/
Current NHS consultant posts held
Dr Mytheen is a senior clinician at the Clinical Neurophysiology Department at City Hospital (Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust) which is one of the largest provider of Neurophysiology services in the West Midlands receiving referrals from a large number of hospitals and GP surgeries.
Please refer to NHS web link given below.
Dr Mytheen’s research interests are in quantitative EMG studies.
Computers, hard and software
Clinical Excellence Awards
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Malayalam - Fluent
- Tamil - Basic
Courses offered to GPs
He regularly gives lectures in local and regional, meetings and teaching programmes including GP teaching on many topics in Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy management.
- FRCP, FRCP (London) RCP 2010
- MBBS India 1987
- MRCP (UK) RCP 1998
- CCST Clinical Neurophysiology Sheffield Teaching hospitals NHS trust 2002
- MD General Internal Medicine Kerala University, India 1990
Reference number 4598732
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Speciality Committee Chair in Clinical Neurophysiology West Midlands Deanery 2014
- Speciality Advisory Committee member in Clinical Neurophysiology Royal College of Physicians(JRCPTB) 2014
- Education Committe Chair British Society Of Clinical Neurophysiology 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Clinical Neurophysiology, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Clinical Neurophysiology
American Academy of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Royal College of Physicians
British Medical Association
- BMI The Edgbaston Hospital 22 Somerset Road...
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 0121 452 2888
- Spire Little Aston Hospital Little Aston Hall...
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 0121 580 7151
- Spire Parkway Hospital Damson Parkway...
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 0845 850 1451
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details