- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Professor Schilders is a Consultant Orthopeadic Surgeon, specialising in minimally-invasive hip surgery, who has a unique profile of combining expertise in hamstring problems, adductor-related groin pain and hip arthroscopy.
He has treated athletes from the majority of Barclays Premier League and npower Championship football clubs, as well as football teams throughout Europe and the Middle East, and elite athletes from other sports.
Professor Schilders is the country’s leading expert in adductor problems in athletes. He has unparalleled experience in arthroscopic labral repairs of the hip, having performed in excess of 700 procedures, and has particular expertise in the treatment of femoro-acetabular impingement.
Areas of interest
Hip arthroscopy; Adductor injuries; Sports injuries; Shoulder; Groin;femoroacetabular impingement;sports hernia;labral tear hip; Hamstring injuries; Rectus femoris injuries;shoulder instability;rotator cuff injuries; shoulder impingement. Complex groin injuries in sports.
- Edward Stephen
- Wellington Hospital Wellington Place LONDON NW8 9LE
- 020 7483 5589
- Fortius Clinic
- 17 Fitzhardinge Street LONDON W1H 6EQ
- 0845 853 1000
- Joanne Wheelhouse
- Yorkshire Clinic Bradford Road BINGLEY BD16 1TW
- 01274 621600
Anaesthetists worked with
- The London Hip arthroscopy Centre at the Wellington Hospital
- Fortius Clinic
- Ernest Schilders - Adolescent Hip Injuries
- The Yorkshire Clinic
Professor in Orthopaedic Sportsmedicine at Leeds Beckett University, School of Sports.
Symphyseal Anatomy, anatomy adductors/ inguinal area/ lower abdomen.
Hip arthroscopy surgery.
Adductor Problems in athletes
Inguinal disruptions in Athletes
Complex groin problems.
1. Effectiveness of selective partial adductor release in chronic adductor related groin pain in professional athletes. Schilders E et al. Am J Sports Med. 2013
2. Arthroscopic treatment of labral tears in femoroacetabular impingement. A comparative study of refixation and resection with minimum 2 year follow up. Schilders E et al. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2011;93-B:1027-1032.
3. Arthroscopic treatment of femoroacetabular impingement in athletes. Schilders E., Dimitrakopoulou A., Bismil Q., Talbot C. Knee Surgery Sports Traumatol Arthroscopy 2010 (18) Supp 1. S65
4. Treatment of labral tears associated with femoroacetabular impingement; labral repairs versus labral resection. Schilders E., Dimitrakopoulou A., Bismil Q., Talbot C. Knee Surgery Sports Traumatol Arthroscopy 2010 (18) Supp 1. S66
5. An Unusual Case of Enthesophyte Formation following an adductor longus rupture in a high-level athlete. Dimitrakopoulou A, Schilders E, Bismil Q, Talbot C. Knee Surgery Sports Traumatol Arthroscopy. 2010 Jan 14.
6. Adductor-Related Groin Pain in Recreational Athletes.Role of Adductor Enthesis, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and Entheseal Pubic Cleft Injections. Schilders E, Bismil Q, Robinson P, Dimitrakopoulou A., P, Gibbon W, Talbot C. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009;91:2455-2460
For a complete list of the publications, please visit http://www.ernestschilders.com/about-us-publications.php
Courses offered to GPs
For talks please contact my secretaries.
The reported re-admission rate by the clinical audit department for the Wellington Hospital and Yorkshire Clinic was 0%
The average patient satisfaction is 9/10
Professor Schilders Surgical surgical results can be found using the link:
Reference number 4493916
Affiliations / memberships
Founding member of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine UK
Member of the International Society for Hip Arthroscopy