- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cardiac devices
- Devices: cardiac resynchronisation therapy device (CRT)
- Devices: dual chamber pacemaker insertion
- Devices: implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Devices: single chamber pacemaker insertion
- Electrophysiology complex cardiac ablation
- Electrophysiology intervention
- Electrophysiology simple cardiac ablation
- Reporting of echocardiography
I received my medical degree from University College Cork (1988). My general medicine and generalk cardiology training was in Dublin teaching hospital. I subspecialised in heart rhythm disorders in both Massachussetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA (1994-1997) and St George's Hospital, London (1998-2001). I was appointed to University Hospital of Wales as a cardiologist and Heart Rhythm Specialist (2001)
Areas of interest
Arrhythmias; Cardiac electrophysiology; Coronary and ischaemic heart disease; Interventional cardiology; Ablation; Palpitations; Blackouts; DC Cardioversion
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist and Heart Rhythm Specialist, University Hospital of Wales.
Clinical Director, Cardiothoracic Directorate, University Hopsital of Wales, Cardiff and Vale, University Health Board.
Patient Reported Outcome Measures following catheter ablation for arrhythmias.
NHS Bronze merit award
Courses offered to GPs
Regularly give talks on management of palpitations, investigation and management of patients with transient loss of consciousness, interpretation of the ECG, inherited cardiac conditions.
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.