- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Spire Cardiff Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Expert Cataract Surgeon-performing Monofocal, Multifocal, Accomodative and Toric lens implantation.
- Expert Glaucoma Surgeon; offering glaucoma laser and surgical services
- Ex Glaucoma fellow from Moorfields Eye Hospital-London.
- Offer General Ophthalmic Consultations and Lid surgery.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Eye - external disorders; Clear lens extraction with multifocal lens implant for presbyopia, short sightedness and long sightedness in elderly; Post cataract laser; Glaucoma surgery-trabeculectomy; Glaucoma surgery-Ahmed valve implant; Glaucoma laser- Selective laser trabeculoplasty(SLT); lid lumps and bumps excision; excision of skin tags and excess skin on lid( upper only) ,correction of simple entropion and ectropion that is age related.
Current NHS consultant posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmologist and Director Glaucoma services at Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend.
- Glaucoma epidemiology
- Glaucoma Community care
- Hybrid Trabeculectomy
- Ophthalmic work force design
Music, Travelling, Reading, Cricket
Allergan achievement award- RCOphth meeting 2003
"Beacon of excellence" -ITV wales 2004
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Fluent
BJO,IJO, and picture text publication
Courses offered to GPs
- Acute eye conditions
- Glaucoma; diagnosis and management
- Common eye conditions of the elderly
operation infection rate less than 1:2000
patient satisfaction rate greater than 95%
- MBBS;DO;MS;FRCS(Ed) Royal College of Surgeons-Edinburgh 1994
- Glaucoma Fellow Moorfields Eye Hospital, London 2001
Reference number 4474999
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2003
Details of entry to specialist register
- Kadaba Rajkumar, 2000
Affiliations / memberships
- All India Ophthalmological Society,
- Medical defence Union
- Nuffield Health Cardiff Bay Hospital, CF11 0SN
- 17:30 - 19:00
- 029 2083 6763
- Princess of Wales Hospital, CF31 1RQ
- 09:30 - 12:30
- 01656 754321
- Spire Cardiff Hospital, CF23 8XL
- 17:30 - 19:00
- 029 2073 5515
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details