- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Expert Cataract Surgeon-performing Monofocal, Multifocal, Accomodative and Toric lens implantation.
- Expert Glaucoma Surgeon; offering glaucoma laser and surgical services
- Ex Glaucoma fellow from Moorfields Eye Hospital-London.
- Offer General Ophthalmic Consultations and Lid surgery.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Eye - external disorders; Clear lens extraction with multifocal lens implant for presbyopia, short sightedness and long sightedness in elderly; Post cataract laser; Glaucoma surgery-trabeculectomy; Glaucoma surgery-Ahmed valve implant; Glaucoma laser- Selective laser trabeculoplasty(SLT); lid lumps and bumps excision; excision of skin tags and excess skin on lid( upper only) ,correction of simple entropion and ectropion that is age related.
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
- Clinical Director and Consultant Ophthalmologist at University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff.
- Consultant Ophthalmologist and Director Glaucoma services at Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend.
- Glaucoma epidemiology
- Glaucoma Community care
- Hybrid Trabeculectomy
- Ophthalmic work force design
Music, Travelling, Reading, Cricket
Allergan achievement award- RCOphth meeting 2003
"Beacon of excellence" -ITV wales 2004
English, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Kannada, Panjabi, and Arabic.
BJO,IJO, and picture text publication
Courses offered to GPs
- Acute eye conditions
- Glaucoma; diagnosis and management
- Common eye conditions of the elderly
operation infection rate less than 1:2000
patient satisfaction rate greater than 95%
- MBBS;DO;MS;FRCS(Ed) Royal College of Surgeons-Edinburgh 1994
- Glaucoma Fellow Moorfields Eye Hospital, London 2001
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2003
Details of entry to specialist register
- Kadaba Rajkumar, 2000
Affiliations / memberships
- All India Ophthalmological Society,
- Medical defence Union
- Nuffield Health Cardiff Bay Hospital, CF11 0SN
- 17:30 - 19:00
- 029 2083 6763
- Princess of Wales Hospital, CF31 1RQ
- 09:30 - 12:30
- 01656 754321
- Spire Cardiff Hospital, CF23 8XL
- 17:30 - 19:00
- 029 2073 5515
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details