- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Upper GI surgery
I am a Consultant Upper Gastro-Intestinal, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon. I am available for consultation in Norwich (Hill House Consulting Rooms) on every Monday and in Gorleston (East Point Consulting Rooms) on Fridays. I am an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Norwich Medical School and teach final year medical students. I am also an assessor of the MRCS examinations in the UK and Ireland.
Areas of interest
Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgery including Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy; Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Surgery; Bariatric Surgery (for obesity); Hernias, including incisional, inguinal and hiatus hernia; Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease; Anti-Reflux Surgery; Upper GI endoscopy (Gastroscopy); Minimal Access Surgery; Gastric Banding, Sleeve Gastrectomy, General Surgery including Haemorrhoids ("piles"); Gall Stone Disease
- Janet Hender
- East Point Clinic James Paget Hospital Lowestoft Road Gorleston GREAT YARMOUTH NR31 6LA
- 01493 601770
- East Point Consulting Rooms, Gorleston
- James Paget University Hospital
- Weight Loss Surgery at Spire Norwich Hospital
- University of East Anglia
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Director and Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Hernias including inguinal and hiatus hernias
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
Courses offered to GPs
GP teaching/talks in 2015:
1. When all else fails? Surgery for Gastro-Oesophageal Disease and Obesity. A GP seminar organised by Spire Norwich Hospital.
2. The Weight Is Over - Weight Loss Surgery at Norwich. An outreach series of lunchtime lectures at GP Surgeries organised by Spire Norwich Hospital.
Reference number 4459323
- East Point Consulting Rooms
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 01493 601770
- Hill House Consulting RoomsSpire Norwich...
- 14:30 - 17:30
- 01603 255510
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Repair of umbilical hernia (irrespective of age) - (1-5)
Rigid sigmoidoscopy (including proctoscopy and biopsy) - (1-5)
Spire Norwich Hospital (1-5)
Laparoscopic repair of inguinal hernia - unilateral - (1-5)
Primary repair of inguinal hernia - (1-5)
Diagnostic oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD) includes forceps biopsy, biopsy urease test and dye spray - (1-5)