- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Upper GI surgery
I am a Consultant Upper Gastro-Intestinal, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon. I am available for consultation in Norwich (Hill House Consulting Rooms) on every Monday and in Gorleston (East Point Consulting Rooms) on Fridays. I am an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Norwich Medical School and teach final year medical students. I am also an assessor of the MRCS examinations in the UK and Ireland.
Areas of interest
Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgery including Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy; Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Surgery; Bariatric Surgery (for obesity); Hernias, including incisional, inguinal and hiatus hernia; Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease; Anti-Reflux Surgery; Upper GI endoscopy (Gastroscopy); Minimal Access Surgery; Gastric Banding, Sleeve Gastrectomy, General Surgery including Haemorrhoids ("piles"); Gall Stone Disease
- Janet Hender
- East Point Clinic James Paget Hospital Lowestoft Road Gorleston GREAT YARMOUTH NR31 6LA
- 01493 601770
- East Point Consulting Rooms, Gorleston
- James Paget University Hospital
- Weight Loss Surgery at Spire Norwich Hospital
- University of East Anglia
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Director and Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Hernias including inguinal and hiatus hernias
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
Courses offered to GPs
GP teaching/talks in 2015:
1. When all else fails? Surgery for Gastro-Oesophageal Disease and Obesity. A GP seminar organised by Spire Norwich Hospital.
2. The Weight Is Over - Weight Loss Surgery at Norwich. An outreach series of lunchtime lectures at GP Surgeries organised by Spire Norwich Hospital.
Reference number 4459323
- East Point Consulting Rooms
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 01493 601770
- Hill House Consulting RoomsSpire Norwich...
- 14:30 - 17:30
- 01603 255510
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Excision of transverse colon - (1-5)
Primary repair of inguinal hernia - (1-5)