- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I qualified in medicine in 1995 and finished Orthopaedic training program in 2001 through the Leuven rotation ( Belgium).
I have received further fellowship training in Arthroplasty as well as Foot and Ankle Surgery.
I have developed and maintained a special interest in knee and hip replacement surgery , complex hip and knee arthroplasty, and revision hip and knee surgery.
I was instrumental in the development of the elective joint replacement unit in Prince Philip Hospital and the trauma/elective split with the ring fencing of the elective beds.
Have authored numerous articles on the subject of arthroplasty and have contributed to national and international meetings.
Successfully defended PhD Thesis at the Institute of Clinical Sciences from the Sahlgenska Academy in Sweden. The research was based on patient-centred longitudinal outcome following hip replacement surgery.
Areas of interest
Primary knee and hip arthroplasty;
Complex primary knee and hip arthroplasty;
Revision arthroplasty surgery (orthopaedic);
General orthopaedic surgery
- Ann Maxted
- Prince Philip Hospital Bryngwyn Mawr Dafen LLANELLI SA14 8QF
- 01554 783445
- 01554 783609
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Peter Cnudde has worked with Dr Potteth S Sudheer at the following hospitals:
- BMI Werndale Hospital (1-5)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Patient information leaflets
award from the CEO for the development of the hip fracture unit
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Native or bilingual
- Dutch - Native or bilingual
- Swedish - Basic
Journal of Arthroplasty
Acto Orthopaedica Belgica
Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Courses offered to GPs
presentations at SICOT, AAOS, BHS, EHS, EFORT, BOA, ISAR meetings
- MD KULeuven (Belgium) 1995
- Postgrad Cert. Medical Leadership UWTSD 2015
- PhD Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden 2018
- Fellowship arthroplasty Bruges (Belgium) 2001
- Fellowship Foot and Ankle Harborview Seattle (USA) 2003
- Phd Training Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg (Sweden) 2016
Reference number 4449175
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant T&O HDUHB 2003
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics(UK), 2002
- Trauma and Orthopaedics (Belgium), 2001
- Trauma and Orthopaedics (Sweden), 2016
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
International Committee for Joint Reconstruction
Belgische Vereniging voor Orthopedie en Traumatologie
British Medical Association
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.